PDA

View Full Version : Applying for the substitute moderator position

DVS Hardscaper
02-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Attention Lawnsite Management:

I am applying for the Lawnsite.com substitute moderator position that was posted on Monster.com.

My credentials are:

- I was hallway monitor in middle school
- I always stop to help old ladies cross the streets
- When driving, I am quick to call the police to report unsafe / discourteous drivers
- I cry at weddings, therefore I can be sensitive to others

I am willing to negotiate the pay.

Thank you for your serious consideration.

1MajorTom
02-26-2007, 11:34 PM
First you must pass a pre-screening test.
Answer these 3 questions:

1. When passing a motorist who is pulled over on the side of the road with a flat tire, you
a. slam on your brakes, pull over and change the tire.
b. swerve to hit the mud puddle hoping to cover the motorist in mud.
c. laugh and give him the finger as you speed on by.

2. When in line at the checkout counter at the grocery store, you see a guy behind you who has 2 items, and you have over 50 items. Express line is closed. do you
a. continue to put your items on the counter, that guy can wait.
b. turn around and tell the guy to go in front of you.
c. hold up the line by telling the cashier that you want to run back and pick up milk and bread too. when you return you picked up an additional 10 items.

3. you receive a daily afternoon newspaper, delivered to your doorstep each day by a 10 year old girl. do you give her a tip each week?
a. kids nowadays have too much money, she gets no tip from you.
b. most certainly, she is a sweet girl who does a good job.
c. rip her off of 50 cents, the cost of the newspaper, every chance you get.

Please note: this is just a PRE screening, be advised that the application you must submit will be long and extensive.
After that comes the lie detector test. :eek:

LindblomRJ
02-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Didn't know there was a opening.

I am assuming there are some definitive correct answers?

carcrz
02-27-2007, 09:22 AM
"B" all the way across.

Sandgropher
03-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Moderators job eh ?? put my name in the hat ;)

DaughtryLC
03-01-2007, 02:08 AM
Doo I hav two bee abell to reed!!;)

Sandgropher
03-01-2007, 02:23 AM
Yes you need basic reading skills i would say, see when you become a moderator they give you two buttons, one has the word "ban" on it and the other says "dont ban", get them mixed up and you upset your members :nono: :laugh:

Charles
03-01-2007, 06:45 AM
Yes you need basic reading skills i would say, see when you become a moderator they give you two buttons, one has the word "ban" on it and the other says "dont ban", get them mixed up and you upset your members :nono: :laugh:

I just let my cat walk on the keyboard. The cat doesn't like Aussie's because somehow she saw them painting cats somewhere:laugh:

Sandgropher
03-01-2007, 06:51 AM
I thought it was Americans that pay up to $15,000 to get the cats painted, my mistake :rolleyes: :usflag:

Charles
03-01-2007, 07:02 AM
I thought it was Americans that pay up to $15,000 to get the cats painted, my mistake :rolleyes: :usflag:

ooops! My Bad. I will tell her that. Painting your cat is crazy btw:laugh:

Sandgropher
03-01-2007, 07:12 AM
Well painting cats is not crazy for a struggling lawn boy, $15,000 a pop is good money, do half a dozen a day and you are laughing.

Anyway please withdraw my nomination for moderators job Charles, as you know Sean and Jodi were begging me to take the position ;) but i have to go and see a man about a cat,,,,and get some paint :)

Sandgropher
03-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Oh by the way if i did decide to accept the position do i have the power to ban moderators and such ? ;)

Charles
03-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Oh by the way if i did decide to accept the position do i have the power to ban moderators and such ? ;)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm---NO!!:laugh:

Sandgropher
03-01-2007, 08:39 AM
O.K no particular reason i was asking ;) its funny but the job does not appeal to me now, must have been something you said ;)