PDA

View Full Version : A few pictures of some jobs I am doing

dswinnerjr
02-27-2007, 09:55 PM
So here are a few pics of jobs that I am currently working on.

The first one invovled bringing in select-fill the crushed concrete. Btw, I got advice on this job from some of ya'll and I appreciate it!

The second one was moving 15 dump loads of free dirt from the property owner's parking area to his back yard, extending the length approx 6', he did not mind the slope of the dirt being sever.

I have just started this line of work, as I am a fireman fulltime, so any input would be appreciated.

dswinnerjr
02-27-2007, 10:56 PM
sorry, here are pics of the other jobs.

josh1981
02-27-2007, 11:19 PM
looks good. good job so far.

what tractore do you use?

dswinnerjr
02-27-2007, 11:25 PM
jd 5105 fel, bush hog 72 sbx box blade

Really need to upgrade to a heavier box blade and maybe top n tilt. Lots of money though!

josh1981
02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
jjust looked it up, nice machine.

We use to have a ford tractor. Ford 1500, 1981 model yr. 4wd. Very reliable machine. Also 2 john deere riding mowers!

DOnt have them anymore. ON 2 acres now, not 90!

dswinnerjr
03-01-2007, 11:37 PM
here are some update pics

Dirt Digger2
03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
for a tractor it looks ok..but some construtive critism is not to roll the whole thing with the tires like you do...put the bucket nearly level with the ground only tilted down just a tad apply a little pressure and drag it off...you dont need to use the box blade, it will look better when all the tire marks arn't there and it will be a whole lot easier to rake and seed....i realize this soil is dryer then what your working with but heres an example...the less track marks the better

dswinnerjr
03-02-2007, 01:16 AM
DirtDigger2, thanks so much! I really appreaciate it as I have started this side business just recently. I definately will try that next time. I know this differs from area to area. but for this whole job, I charged to customer by the hour at 50.00/hr. He was fine with the price and I was only off, by my loss, on the hours it would take by 6 or 7.

I originally quoted him 8 to move the piles of dirt, spreading the out in the back and leveling up the drive, took me more like 12. Then I came back to finish spreading the remaining dirt about 20 yrds or so maybe less, and work with the concrete contractor on scraping the driveway. Qouted 4 hours and spent seven and a half. So I made 700 but dont know if that was too much as I do not want to overcharge someone, just trying to be honest and make a decent profit.

Any help will be appreciated as well.

ED'S LAWNCARE
03-02-2007, 05:52 AM
yea you kinda missed the mark on the hrs. I have done the same thing before it's a learning curve. Your're price is a little low for tractor work, I charge $90 the first hour then $60 for every hour after. But that is my area. Good looking job tho.

Dirt Digger2
03-02-2007, 07:17 AM
at the same time you cant charge too much because a guy with a compact track loader is probably charging around $110 per hour and could have done that work in half the time...i has nothing to do with experience its just a CTL could run circles around any type of tractor while doing grading work...so if you start to price up there with a CTL and they can do it in half the time its obvious where the homeowners going to spend his money