PDA

View Full Version : Can someone walk me through striping a soccer field

jlouki01
02-27-2007, 11:54 PM
I have an oppurtunity coming up to do some work striping some soccer/baseball fields here locally. I want to make sure I do the best job possible so I am trying to see if someone is willing to walk me through a basic soccer field striping.

How do you keep your corners perfect 90?

Rtom45
02-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Get a manual with a diagram. Soccer field boundaries fall within a minimum / maximum range so you need to know what size the user wants. Layout your boundaries first (mark your corners). Square your field - make sure it is rectangular. Mark your center kick location. Put in your boxes and circles. We always paint each line in 2 different directions to make them more visible. I bet if you google soccer fields or field lining you'll find some very specific instructions.
To square the corners we use the 3-4-5 triangle. One leg is 3 ft (or a multiple), the other is 4 ft. ( or multiple), and the diagonal must be 5 ft. (or multiple). If the diagonal is too long or too short, you need to change the angle of the corners until the numbers match up.
Baseball and softball fields are all plotted off home base. Its important to remember that your foul lines run over first and third base. The outside edge of the line matches the outside edge of the base.

thilawncare
04-06-2007, 04:14 AM
are you talking about paint or Mow Lines?