PDA

View Full Version : Serious Hustler Issues

umchaffie
02-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Here is the scoop:
Bought Fastrak 16/44 in June 04 at M&M Express in Maple Lake Minnesota
Ran great first year.
Second year started having starting issues. Intermittently it just will not start. limped thru '05.
Start of the year 06 we took it to Yarbrough in Strafford Missouri. They were not able to fix it but charged us $270 none the less.
Next we took it to Ozark Outdoors in Springfield Missouri 2 times for a total of 7 weeks. They charged us $350 and still have not fixed the issue.

Now the start of 07 and it runs about 25% of the time. I contacted Larry at Hustler and he assured me that he would get to the bottom of this. Have not heard from him in 5 months.

The issue is, fuel reaches the cylinder, but I have pulled both plugs and there is never any spark. Engine just cranks and cranks. Sometimes it starts up just fine.

mowerconsultant
03-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Sounds like a Honda issue.
E-mail me your details and I will get it looked into.

RonB
03-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Some may recall I had a problem with relays on my Super Z last year. Well it happened again early this year - no spark. Called my dealer and come to find out, over the winter they are no longer selling mowers.

Got in touch with the distributor and they picked it up. Told them to keep it until the real problem was found and not just replace relays again.

They found a grounding problem to the cooling fan that was causing the relays to fail. The fan wasn't working for so long that I didn't even notice it wasn't coming on when I turned the key.

Not sure if model has a fan but have your dealer check for a short/ground problem. If he can't find it take it to another one.

jneedham
03-09-2007, 05:17 PM
umchaffie,

Please email me jneedham@kcpp.com. I'll direct you to an authorized dealer in the Springfield area.

Jim Needham
Kansas City Power Products, Inc
Authorized Honda Engine Distributor
Kansas and Missouri