PDA

View Full Version : Echo Trimmer & Edger?

jeffchis
02-28-2007, 12:12 PM
I have a 2yr old edger and trimmer and the edger is shooting gas/oil out the muffler.....what could be the issue here? Also, neither of these units is starting worth a crap....takes forever to get them going and then when I hit the throttle they love to choke out on me. I have changed the gas filter, air filter and spark plugs, but still are running the same. Any help would be great without having to spend over $200 to get them serviced.....:hammerhead:

fly-4-fun
02-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Sounds like you need to rebuild the carbs on the units.

jeffchis
02-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Yikes.....Couldn't I just buy new equipment for about the same price as having someone build new carbs then?

fly-4-fun
03-01-2007, 06:48 PM
You can, but for about 25.00 you can buy the rebuild kits and install them yourself.

D & J Lawn Care
03-01-2007, 08:01 PM
i had the exact problem my echo hedge trimmer 1 year old and my second edger 6 months i switch all the lines ,filter spark ,switch , cleaned the screen in the muffler ,then i figured it out my oil i've been using Husgv.oil mix for years and switch to echo oil and only filled empty cans and measured oil and now runs great i think their carbs are real senstive to the oil ratio

Jay74
03-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Rebuild the carb! Have a technician make sure the check valves in the carb are working properly... if not you will need a new carb.

Jason

ed2hess
03-01-2007, 09:45 PM
You should not need a carb rebuild at 2 years, and the kit only cost a few dollars and a child could rebuild the carb. I don't understand oil coming out of the muffler? I assume you have the spark arrestor out? What is the unit doing?

Jay74
03-02-2007, 11:25 PM
The diaphragm on the float side is stiff holding the float needle down. Don't make comments unless you know what you're talking about Hess. I have seen too many carbs that need rebuilds after just one year.

ed2hess
03-03-2007, 07:47 PM
The diaphragm on the float side is stiff holding the float needle down. Don't make comments unless you know what you're talking about Hess. I have seen too many carbs that need rebuilds after just one year.
I never seen that problem usually it is the alum. nub that wears down and doesn't let enough fuel into the unit. But learning new things is what this is all about on lawnsite I'll concede to your expertise.