PDA

View Full Version : Mower Wont Turn Flooded?

vaulta
02-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Hello, Iam new too the industry and just bought a used 1999 Lesco 48" hydro. I have never operated one of these machines. Was trying too start it today and would not start, jengine just keep turning, after about 10min I noticed the spark plug rubber was off it. Connected them together and know its like the engine wont even turn. I turn the key, the top will spin for about a second then quit. Know its almost like you are trying too start a car on a complete dead battery. I think I flooded the engine. I put a fresh plug in and waited 20 min and still it will trun a little then quit. What is the proper way too start this machine. It has a choke level, should I have it opened all the way up, then it has a key with off,on,start then a seperate button that kicks the engine.do i hold the key too start position then hit the butt with choke open all the way. When will this gas if flooded get out of the sytem.how should i try too start it know,Thank you for any help

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
02-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Charge the battery,pull the plugs and turn the moter a few seconds put the new spark plugs in and choke it.

vaulta
02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
charge the battery? choke it your mean open it all the way?

Restrorob
02-28-2007, 05:39 PM
First off..... Post the model and spec. numbers off the engine so we can see what we are dealing with, There could be any number of reasons why it won't turn over or start.

As MOW PRO mentioned is the battery fully charged ?

cranesrule
02-28-2007, 07:01 PM
If you cranked it for 10 minutes you probably killed the battery. Charge it up and follow your reguar cold start routine - choke, etc.