PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks which version?

Bunton Guy
02-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Went to the local store today to pickup either quickbooks or peachtree....to my amazment there was atleast 5-6 of each program all with different names!!! WTF?

quickbooks 2007, quickbooks full, quickbooks accounting, quickbooks pro etc.. etc... and the list goes on. I thought there was only 1 version and it did it all?

I need to be able to cut checks for the companies bills, need to be able to print invoices & track money going in and out, all accounting & in the future be able to track and complete payroll. Which version is for me?:usflag:

Alta Lawn Care
02-28-2007, 07:52 PM
I spent four hours today in a Quickbooks for beginners seminar trying to find out the same answer. I came to the conclusion that Quickbooks Pro which has a landscaper template included is what I will buy. However, I'm interested in what people who already have it are using.

EgansCountryGardens
03-01-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm using quickbooks online. It costs like 14.00 per month, all you do is go online and sign on to use your program. Everything is saved on their server, all your customer info, invoices, everything. It's just like the regular program except it's automatically updated when it needs to. The good thing about it is that I can go online wirelessly from my laptop in my truck, make an invoice, and print it right from my truck. (I have a portable inkjet plugged into a converter to my cig. lighter) Then when I get back to the office, everythings already done. I love it. I can also access my account, and print invoices from any computer with online access. I used to use QBPro, I'll never go back now.

LawnSharks
03-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Just upgraded to Quickbooks PRO 2007 in October. Works great and does everything we need. I think you'll be impressed.

RedWingsDet
03-22-2007, 12:38 PM
I use Quickbooks pro 2007 and also bought the payroll package in a seperate disk.

Tim Johnson
03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
I use quickbooks basic 2004, guess it might be time to upgrade. We also use their payroll program, sometimes it gets messed up when a new update comes out, but overall its nice. I ordered a couple demo disks, to try out differnt software for routes and schedules, put my old fashion spreadsheet works better.

Rizzo
03-22-2007, 11:12 PM
I just went to Staples and picked up QB2007 Simple on sale for $80 and it had an $80 rebate! I'm down with free. I'm part time solo and hope it will help keep track of the regulars and the one time jobs easier.