PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks for mailing letters

bigjeeping
02-28-2007, 06:14 PM
WOW, I've been using quickbooks pro for a couple years but haven't utilized the letter maker thing until today!!!!

It's awesome. You create a letter in Word, for example: I made my auto renewal letter for lawn maintenance accounts. Then you can insert quickbooks keys into the letter for where you want the address, name, services, etc put in.

Then just hit print and it prints customized letters for every customer!

Anyone else use this feature?

CNYScapes
03-01-2007, 05:03 PM
yep, very handy feature. Before I started using it I would print up labels, what a PIA!!!

DFW Area Landscaper
03-02-2007, 10:11 AM
I will have to look at that when I get some time. As it is now, when a new client signs up, I enter their name and address in Quickbooks, then on the schedule and then again on the welcome letter, which goes into a window'ed envelope.

If I could get my welcome letters done out of Quickbooks, it would save me an entire step. Thanks for the information.

One other thing I got from ClarkMow&Go last weekend: When you enter statement charges, if the date field is highlighted in blue, you can increase or decrease the date with the plus and minus signs on the keyboard. Also, I figured out how to enter statement charges for a crew's entire schedule without touching the mouse. Obviously, use the tab key to get to the next field. But when you finish entering the client's charges and you need to mvoe to the next client, just press alt & J at the same time. The client's name is highlighted blue and you just start typing the next client's name until it finds a match. Then hit tab.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

pclawncare
03-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Are you talking about the customer managment add on part of quick books? I just found this last week and used it for my pre season letters. I got the free download trial period of 30 days. It was very easy and i am very seriously considering buying this program. Does anyone know how much it cost? Its something that you download from their website. Works like word mail merge, but it takes your names and addresses out of quick books and merges them. Great program