PDA

View Full Version : Camera practice/ busy time

Remote Pigtails
02-28-2007, 10:21 PM
The weather is great here which means my phone is ringinnnnnng. Here is a sampling of recent stuff and picture taking practice.

The first pic is a wiring nightmare we cleaned up. No slack in the wire, stripped the insulation and wrapped the solenoid wires. This is lowball stuff from the early eighties.

The second set of pics are from my now oldest documented system. Installed in 1947. This was installed by Texas Lawn Sprinkler Company which became TELSCO and then split and became Weathermatic. They used to make and install their own products. I was able to get the original plan for 25 dollars. I love these old popups. Hinge flap on a full circle. Puts out I would guess 5 to 6 gpm.

PurpHaze
03-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Cool pictures Peter. You're starting to get real good with that camera. :)

That old sprinkler is quite interesting. Does the cover flip from gravity or a combination of when the water stream activates?

Hank Reardon
03-01-2007, 01:39 PM
Those units are a poster child for the durability of brass components. We use mostly brass nozzles but coupled with 1812/1806SAM's. It is neat to come across old relics like that.

Thanks for sharing.

Remote Pigtails
03-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Cool pictures Peter. You're starting to get real good with that camera. :)

That old sprinkler is quite interesting. Does the cover flip from gravity or a combination of when the water stream activates?

It happens so fast I'm sure it is a little of both. It is pretty loose on the hinge.