PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fever

bicmudpuppy
03-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Ok, you southern guys are really getting to me. I want to fire up my pump station and find out just what I have and what kind of shape everything is in. I'll get the camera down to the pump house soon and take some pictures. Maybe get some pictures of all the heads I know I have to re-set too. 9 holes of double row valve in head fairways, and I don't think I have ONE head that is set level. Majority have sunk a min of 3 inches. First thing I'm going to tell any of the membership who volunteer to help is that they can borrow a shovel and excavate one sprinkler at a time. I'll re-set and backfill from there!
So, somebody cancel the 1-2" of snow predicted for today, accelerate my order for Spring and get me more shirt sleeve weather like I had yesterday!

digger106
03-01-2007, 08:13 AM
What course do u work at. I had 20yrs in the golf industry. just curious.

PurpHaze
03-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Bryan... I could tell by your posts in other threads that you were getting a little "itchy" out there. :laugh:

bicmudpuppy
03-01-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm the one man band for a little semi-private club called Horton Lakeview CC.
We're about 20miles w of Atchison.

koster_irrigation
03-01-2007, 07:11 PM
fire it up!

A tricked out flowtronex!!
http://www.patwilsongraphics.com/images/flowtronex3.jpg

Lugnut
03-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Great paint job - that will attract attention. Was that at the GCSAA show? I didn't make it out to Anaheim this year for it. Mudpuppy, hope your members dig gently and don't leave you too many wires to splice back together.

bicmudpuppy
03-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Now, that is an awesom pump station. Any idea what you took the picture of? Variable speed 50hp pumps? or possibly 25hp? Either way, that dude would move some water. The specs on my pump station from the last irrigation update print I found state 240gpm@135psi. I hope I find things to be close to that.

PurpHaze
03-02-2007, 09:17 AM
That pumping station is so tricked out that it would be a shame to actually use it. :laugh: