PDA

View Full Version : What other business interests

Regular Joe
03-01-2007, 08:00 AM
are you guys currently running other companies as well as your landscaping company? If so, what business ideas have worked for you in your area?

Just curious how many entrepreneurs we have here.

johndeereguy
03-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Storage rentals
Snow removal
Athletic field construction
Parking lot painting

Regular Joe
03-01-2007, 09:11 AM
I ahve had the storage idea as well, and snow is not an option for any money here. I like the ideas though. It is interesting that more people have not replied to this. I wonder if everyone just loves the outdoors this much.

Raven386
03-01-2007, 09:24 AM
everything i could possibly do. Dump runs, painting lines in parking lots, snow removal, power washing, aerating, fert & squirt, i work with an electrician a lot, painting, computer stuff. I try to get my foot in everything. i framed my parents 2nd floor too.

Regular Joe
03-01-2007, 09:27 AM
I can appreciate a man who gets it done, and you sound like you are. I was wondering, are any of the listed items run through another businesses that you own that you run as well?

Raven386
03-01-2007, 09:32 AM
well the only things i dont do now are aerating,power washing and Fert. hopefully im gonna get my pesticide liscense by the end of this summer or maybe next year. im getting my plow after this season is over. Ive done just about everything else, ive painted lines in lots, painted. , ive ran wires for the electrician,hung lights. it pretty much comes down to... i will do anything for money.

Az Gardener
03-01-2007, 10:01 AM
I used to do many things. Fertilizer injector sales and consulting, distributing liquid fertilizer, fountain installs, landscape design, plus I was active in many industry associations, I also did consulting and teaching. It all takes time away from the real goal of building the company I want.

Even though these are in the same industry and you would think they would compliment my core business that was not the case. In fact it only made my core business weaker.

"Jack of all trades master of none" truer words were never spoken. Once I stopped jerking around trying to capture every nickle within my grasp and realized that it was OK for others to make some money. I began to focus on my core business, work on it, and only then did things began to turn around.

That has been my experience.

JFF
03-01-2007, 10:02 AM
I have a self storage, and some real estate I finance to people who can't get bank loans. Some technical writing stuff.