PDA

View Full Version : My new truck

Total Landscape Solutions
03-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Just had the graphics put on today. I think it came out really well. Can't wait for this weather to break to put to work!

Lawnsmithcare
03-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Nice truck hope you enjoy.

bigjeeping
03-02-2007, 08:28 PM
OOoOOo I like those tool boxes!

GreenN'Clean
03-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Nice truck

tthomass
03-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Is it a magnet on the door?

The mud flaps..........take them off, sand off the ad, flip the around and mount them up again. At least thats what I did.

For a little show you can get the stainless weights across the bottom for $20 and simulators for your truck.

-Whats the year and mileage etc?

03-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't feel right sanding off the name on the mudflaps. Those guys did a hell of a job on the up-fit. The welds are near flawless. I gotta give 'em credit.

The logo on the door is vinyl. I was told it was a new way of doing more complex design work and not loosing any detail. The logo is digitized and printed on a single piece, instead of layering like most logos you see on trucks.

It's an 07, now it has about 220 miles on it. I'm still breaking the engine in before the season gets here.

Thanks for the compliments :)

GG386
03-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Simulators would sure put the finishing touch on that bad boy.

Be honest, you sneek out in your shop just to give it that atta boy nod , Don't You :usflag:

Never see a Jap truck built like that!

Nice job, and I hope you make a ton of money with it

RedMax Man
03-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Really like the truck, it should be agreat workhorse:weightlifter:

03-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Ok GG I'll admit it *trucewhiteflag* . There is enough snow still on the ground reflecting the moonlight that it never really gets dark, I give it a little check out the window before bed. If there's no moonlight, I have been known to kick the flood lamps on for a quick shot!!:laugh:
Ya gotta give me a little slack though, it's only been here about a month :)

tthomass
03-03-2007, 12:09 AM
You might not like this and don't take it wrong but the print shop doesn't know what they're doing if thats what they leave as a final product. I have a logo 11' long on my enclosed trailer that is digitally printed......you can see my logo below, it can't be done without printing it and keeping it the same. After it was printed it was then fed into another machine that cut exactly on the letters and edges of everything. That way it did not look like a big solid sticker.

Also both whites would match.........if it doesn't bother you fine but I would have them do it correctly.

What other equip do you have?

rookiemower
03-03-2007, 06:58 PM
dont take any offense to this, but the graphics are to busy. i dont know what to look at. the graphic artist should have known better than to cram all that into a small decal. it would look better with less stuff on the door. Other wise congrats i love the truck

03-03-2007, 08:34 PM
No offense taken. Of the hundred or so people who have seen the truck and give me their opinions, your the first to say it could look better.
To each his own.

supercuts
03-04-2007, 09:33 AM
id have to agree with rookie, there is alot there, i would have tried to put the flag elsewhere. im a fan of the flag, put a few larger ones on the sides of my enclosed trailer.

question for you, how much did they charge you to weld that hitch on there. i just got a 00 f550 and didnt realize the tank is up against the rear plate and the reciever has to be externally mounted liek yours. what is the tow capicity of that?? tongue weight? thanks mark

03-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I think it was 425 or 475. I can't remember which. Max GCVWR is 33,000lbs.
Minus the weight of the truck and max tow is about 21,000.
Not sure of toungue weight. From the looks of the hitch plate I don't know that I'm concerned about it at all if I use a pintle hitch.