PDA

View Full Version : Computer checks

blade11
03-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Hi,

I am looking for some type of program or software that I could use to print payroll and other checks off of my computer. I do all of my own payroll and use Gopher software for everything else. I am getting tired of writing all of the checks, especially on payday during the season. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I don't really want to buy anything substantial just for this feature.

newz7151
03-02-2007, 02:06 AM
You could probably get something like Microsoft Money Standard or any of the other financial programs out there that will print checks.

Of course you will still have to order the preprinted checks for your printer from somewhere with the MIRC printing on them.

Team-Green L&L
03-02-2007, 03:13 AM
VersaCheck Platinum is my advise.

Runner
03-02-2007, 03:49 AM
Quickbooks Pro.

topsites
03-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Depending on the size of your business, the cost of the software and the special checks for my printer (plus the cost of the ink cartridges) was just too much for me.

One thing that helped me greatly is the purchase of a signature stamp. I bought it through my bank, cost around $20-$25, and it's a self-inking stamp with my signature on it, and so instead of manually having to sign stuff, I just ka-plop it.

This stamp helps me the most when it comes to endorsing customer checks, but I also got to using it when doing taxes or other paperwork that requires a slew of signatures on my part. A date stamp might be helpful as well, you'd still have to write out several parts of the checks, but...

There is one other thing might be worth checking into, and that's a Direct Deposit bank system (but idk about cost and other implications).
I do mine through Capital One's High Yield Money Market acc't, but it's not the same thing so there's a 3-4 day lag between the time the money disappears from my Cap1 acc't and reappears in my personal checking, but it works for me because I'm on salary and it's free, automated recurring deposits is how I pay myself. I can transfer money on a one-time basis, but by the time I go through that every pay day I might as well write out the check, but I do like the automated recurring method.