PDA

View Full Version : Automated pc based time clocks

lawnservices
07-17-2001, 03:27 PM
Has anyone tried the pc based time clocks such as Lathems ez payclock. I am considering purchasing one. Each employee has a card they swipe in and out on. $559 seams a bit high. Saw it last year at staples for $119. I thought. Perhaps that was justb the cards??? I appreciate any advice

charlesw
07-17-2001, 05:54 PM
I used a PC based time clock for another company I helped get started. Not only do you need the time clock & cable, but you also need a dedicated PC.

We actually had all the employees (about 120) payroll taken care of by another company. They charged 10% of the wages but gave us the time clock for free.

It worked good. But people forgot to clock in and out, so we was always manually reviewing and adjusting the hours. I could have lived without it.

After I left then they got the bright idea of getting a system that reads thumb prints instead of cards. Makes a great paper weight.

diginahole
07-17-2001, 10:29 PM
10% of wages??????
I'm in the wrong biz!!!!!!:confused:

AltaLawnCare
07-18-2001, 11:20 AM
I worked in shop which had a system similar to this put in with a new management system. It too needed a dedicated PC. we kept doing payroll manually, it was way too much of a hassle to get employees to use it. And, the time spent to follow up on it was more than it took to do the payroll manually.

HBFOXJr
08-15-2001, 08:58 PM
I use a small clock that punches the card in military time and 100th's of an hour. Makes math for my wife a snap. Just deduct start number from end number plus another .5 hr for lunch and your there with no conversion or rounding. We like it.

trimmasters
08-15-2001, 11:45 PM
http://www.timecalc.com

Free trial, $50 for five users (thats up to 5 computers on a network, you can have as many employes as you want.)