PDA

View Full Version : Here is my new business card. Any opnions?

thebobcatkid86
03-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I didnt know where to post this. I designed this myself on Photoshop. The pic was from the image library on the old bobcat site. They used to have these type of pics on their site just for this kind of stuff. What do you think?

FGM350
03-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Looks good....I would change a thing

RedMax Man
03-02-2007, 09:15 PM
looks nice. is one the front and the other the back?
I would remove the dots from "bobcat for hire" and "No job too small"
also from the outsides of the text at the top of the right card.

thebobcatkid86
03-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. To answer your question yes the left is the front and the right is the back. I am really just starting and have been trying to minimize my overhead. So I designed these for myself and bought some heavy card stock. I was originally going to have these printed at Kinkos but the good quality cards were going to cost me 40 cents a card! I figured that for the price of half a box of them from Kinkos I could buy a highly rated decent quality photo grade printer and do them myself. So thats what I did and now I can get 10 of these out of one sheet of paper at a production cost of 2.5 cents per sheet producing the same quality as the Kinkos 40 cent cards.

mattfromNY
03-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm stoked you spelled 'too' correctly. I see it spelled wrong all the time and it is on my list for my biggest pet peeves. Looks great!

GreenN'Clean
03-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Looks pretty good!!!

Shades of Green LService
03-03-2007, 07:43 PM
I didnt know where to post this. I designed this myself on Photoshop. The pic was from the image library on the old bobcat site. They used to have these type of pics on their site just for this kind of stuff. What do you think?

Pretty sharp, i'd remove the dot after bob cat as the other post said. cool oterwise.

thes
03-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Looks great!:cool2:

suprman9019er
03-04-2007, 12:17 AM
I would say just add some color to it

Tahoe1889
03-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Get them Printed at www.vistaprint.com

Lynden-Jeff
03-04-2007, 01:51 PM
I would say just add some color to it

Hey,

if you added a colored bobcat in behind that would be awsome. Other then that it looks good.

Cheers
Jeff

battags
03-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Off topic somewhat, but you don't pull your Bobcat with your Dakota, do you?

thebobcatkid86
03-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey,

if you added a colored bobcat in behind that would be awsome. Other then that it looks good.

Cheers
Jeff

If I could have gotten one of those line art pics in color that wouldve been my first choice. I appreciate all the advice.

Off topic somewhat, but you don't pull your Bobcat with your Dakota, do you?

As a matter of fact... The bobcat weighs around 2500lbs and the trailer about 1600lbs. 2500 + 1600 = 4100lbs. It wasnt my first choice for a excavaing company truck either but its what I have to work with. The truck has every heavy duty option that was available except that it has a V-6 instead of a V-8. The book says the factory rated trailer towing cap. for that truck is 4250lbs. I was afraid of that at first myself but then I spoke to my great uncle who was a trucker many years ago. He told me that it all depends on how you drive it. He said that he has put his 1983 Ford Model 1700 TLB on a car hauler trailer and towed it with his buddy's Dakota and it hauled it just fine. That rig is around 7500lbs (5500lb machine on a 2000lb trailer) and the Dakota they were using wasnt anywhere near as heavy duty as mine (same engine, lighter susp., auto instead of stick)

Runner
03-04-2007, 05:39 PM
It looks good. I'm sorry, but I think it all being done in grey scale looks good. It is more of a "more go than show" type thing. The stencil style lettering looks like it means business, too. just out of curiosity, what do you get per hour for that thing? I DO know that I've found that in many cases, it is well worthwhile to hire one like you, instead of renting. You put a really experienced operator in one- and I mean a really experienced person,...not just someone who is "pretty good", and you are getting some stuff done! Good luck with it!

battags
03-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Hey Bobcatkid,

Thanks for the info on the Dakota. I didn't know your bobcat was that light. I just normally think of hauling the T300 that I have used on and off last summer.

I have to agree with Runner. The gray scale is the way to go. You want the focus to be on what the card says, not on the background. The artwork is to catch the eye, not hold it hostage......

Brian

thebobcatkid86
03-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Just out of curiosity, what do you get per hour for that thing? I DO know that I've found that in many cases, it is well worthwhile to hire one like you, instead of renting. You put a really experienced operator in one- and I mean a really experienced person,...not just someone who is "pretty good", and you are getting some stuff done! Good luck with it!

Thanks for the compliments. That is definetly a market I have been tring to tap into. Now, that is a question I have been trying to answer for myself lately. I purchased the loader in October 2005 and since then I have done several jobs, all for friends of my family at a rate of $40/hr metered and $15/hr for 'standby time.' However this is changable because the afformentioned circumstances have simply established this as my 'good buddy' rate. I am thinking I can get more money for my services however Im not sure how much more. I have been trying to get a feel for what people will pay for skid steer services. I will tell you that while I really dont like to brag about myself, at operating a skid steer I am no slouch. I have been running these type of machines since I was 15 y/o and even the first day I was in one the guys I was working with said I was a natural. That number Ive been charging was just a number pulled out of thin air but people paid it but like I said Id like to get more if there is more to be had. I just dont know what people like me even typically charge. But then I couldnt go on those figures alone either because my machine is much smaller that a typical skid steer. Dont get me wrong, its a very capable little machine and in most cases it'll run circles around any walk behind mini. But I really honestly dont know what to charge for a machine the size of mine.

salandscape
03-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Open the yell wpages and start calling guys. Ask them what they have for a skid steer and their hourly rate. Act like you need the service not doing competetive shopping.

Then run your #'s, what did you pay for the machine, how long will it last you, what roughly is it going to cost in maintenance over kife, fuel for truck and machine, insurnace figure these numbers out for the life of the machine, divide that by number of years and you have your yearly cost for it. Divide by number of days per year you can run it and you have day figures, then figure hourly hate. Once you have that figure out what you need to make per hourfor your profit. add that to your hourly overhead and voila! you have your rate that you know will work for you.

Just remember that you need to make this every hour to be profitable, don't work for less, especially if you are good with the machine!