PDA

View Full Version : Adveritising in Church Bulletins

HydroCutter
03-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Anyone had any kind of response from advertising in the back of your local church bulletins?

Mowing Freak
03-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Church is for worshiping God just as you should all week long, only gathering together with fellow believers, for support, and inspiration, not to do business so I don't and wouldn't do it. I've had people ask me about my business at church, but I don't push it there.

Raven386
03-03-2007, 11:54 AM
im going to this year at the church i maintain. also have something for their bulletin board. unfortunetley they have a new thing there, that they ask people to volunteer to cut peoples lawns. so i now i have competition!

caslong
03-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I would have to agree with Mowing Freak... I definitely would not do it at the church I attended..It can open a door to a list of problems.

Raven386
03-03-2007, 12:03 PM
i have to agree too. if it wasnt for the fact that i take care of the property. i would NEVER think about advertising there.

logjammer
03-03-2007, 12:36 PM
We do advertise in the bulletin of one of the churches we maintain. Trust me their advertising rates are not cheap. Advertising in a church bulletin, pays for the the bulletin, so that it is free for the parishoners. My business partner attends the church weekly and everyone there pretty much knows him. We also volunteer our trucks and guys(paid) to help set up for their yearly festival.

We, along with other companies, also sponsor the basketball leagues there so that the kids do not have to pay for their uniforms. We plan on sponsoring more things this year, knowing it helps get our name out, but it also gives money to the church.

In the end, you need to step back and realize that the church is also a business and they need money from things like advertising to help pay for essential things, and keep the doors open, so that parishoners can continue to attend to worship.

Jeff

ATVracer
03-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Our church's bulletin has a sponsor section specifically for advertising. I contacted them about putting an ad in but they never got back with me yet.

I don't see any problem with it, like was stated it allows the bulletins to be printed for next to nothing. It's a win-win situation.

dhardin53
03-03-2007, 01:59 PM
The church I attend has a full page of ads in the back of the 8 page weekly bulletin (some 60 or so ads) from perisioner business owners that attend that church. I think its a great idea. It is just good people helping other perisioners.
I think Ill check into it myself. But come to think of it, last i remeber the page was full.

walker-talker
03-03-2007, 04:13 PM
My dad owns a tax prepartion service and advertised with church...no results. I thought I would try it for a year. Double space ad cost me $300 and resulted in 1 call (and landed the job), but it was only for a winterizer application....$30. I cancelled the ad just yesterday.

haybaler
03-03-2007, 04:39 PM
the cheapest ads always work best. I've listed in a local church news for 5 buck s/issue and have gotten some good customers from it.

mattfromNY
03-03-2007, 04:42 PM
One of my customers put my card in the church newsletter... FREE... and so far I've gotten 8 GREAT customers from it. Never had a single problem with any one of them, they all pay on time, not whiners, and they all live within a couple blocks of each other. (Knock on wood) I'm sure if I pi$$ any one of them off, I'll lose all of them b/c they all know each other, but so far life is good.

say'n somthin
03-03-2007, 11:02 PM
I have been in two church newsletters for one year now for apprx. $650.00. It has netted me three jobs which have more than paid for it. One job if you can believe it stiffed me though. In my opinion, any advertising which can pay for itself/break even and continue to get your name out there is good advertising. You can also use it as a tax write off too. Word of mouth is the best advertising.

LindblomRJ
03-04-2007, 01:19 AM
Good grief advertising is everywhere. Even in a church bulletins and news letters. I guess I would look at other places to market myself.

If that happens in my chuch I think its time I best move on.