PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor carpet or "astro turf" on trailer floor?

mx495
03-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Do you think this would work on an enclosed trailer floor? If no, why not?

GreenN'Clean
03-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I put down a roll of Dupont non stick asphalt you just peel and stick and its held up for 3 years, the outdoor carpet would work and would be cheaper

mountaineer
03-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Holding moisture in might be a problem.

mx495
03-04-2007, 12:36 PM
That's what I am worried about.

pclawncare
03-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Ya i would worry about it holding moisture and also i could see it being a pain in the @zz to clean if it gets dirty (mud on the tires, or wet grass falling off the deck). I would think it would trap dirt and grass it in but i could be wrong. They make that paint and i know you can buy stuff to go in it like sand that makes it non slip. We use to paint steps with it. I forget what its call but a pint place will have it idk about lows and home cheepo but a place that just sells paint

ECS
03-04-2007, 01:07 PM
If you are going to use the astro turf stuff, I would put down a coat or two of Linseed oil or Superdeck first then the carpet on top of it. Clean the carpet with a broom or a shop vac, use seltzer water or fabric softener for stains if you wish to clean them up.

Lynden-Jeff
03-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Could you imagin getting dog sh*t on your carpet? I think it would wreek in your trailer all day long and then need some serious cleaning. I would go with the asphault idea.

Cheers
Jeff

pclawncare
03-04-2007, 01:23 PM
O man i didnt even think about that. On a hot day 100+ out side you have to move to the next job and closing that trailer up be just like a furnace. Id make my help open the door because who ever does is probably going to get knocked on their @zz

ECS
03-04-2007, 01:27 PM
Sprinkle cinnamon for anything that smells like that.

DodgeRam1985
03-04-2007, 11:45 PM
I personally would recommend a rhino-lining type liner. They make self applications of teh stuff now. It is easy cleanup, doesn't chip up very easily, it lasts quite some time, and is just plaingreat for wet traction or anything else. I have the floor of my work truck done with this stuff, and it makes clean up real easy, just spray the hose. Doens't hold moisture or anything! Good Luck!

mx495
03-05-2007, 10:23 AM
I used the paint with sand in it. It lasted ok, but only one season. I have been considering the bed liner. I would do the bedliner for sure if i knew it wouldn't peel off. I am worried about it sticking because the floor is already dirty and i don't know if i could get it clean enough.

"Ground Control"
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I would get a "Rhino Lining" because they have a lifetime warranty, i am planning on getting my trailer rhino lined sometime soon

DodgeRam1985
03-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I used the paint with sand in it. It lasted ok, but only one season. I have been considering the bed liner. I would do the bedliner for sure if i knew it wouldn't peel off. I am worried about it sticking because the floor is already dirty and i don't know if i could get it clean enough.

That could actually be a problem. I had one bad area on my old truck bed, and it was coming up just because there was some dirt there that I didn't get cleaned up good enough. But the area around it was fine, it was just where the dirt was. I would ask the company you are going to have do it what they reccomend as a cleaning solution. One possibility would be to just bolt down new 1/4 plywood on the whole floor over the previous floor, so its nice and new and will hold the liner well.

MOWALLTHETIME
03-05-2007, 04:17 PM
I could see problems with equipment tires turning, stopping and tearing the carpet and pulling it away from the wood flooring. I would agree with some of the other posts that the skid resistant paint, rhino lining or the vct tiles like race car trailers have (Although slippery) would work better.

MarksTLC
03-05-2007, 06:18 PM
I used a piece of sheet vinyl. I believe Tarkett makes is. Got it for 99 cent a sq. ft. It came 12 foot wide, so I ran it up the walls 6 inches. That way I can hose the whole thing off and not worry about the dog stuff... It works fine. It does have a sandy texture. I suppose that makes it - non skid...

mx495
03-05-2007, 06:53 PM
i was going to do it myself with the roll on bedliner. Putting down another layer of thin wood is a pretty good idea. What exactly are the asphalt tiles?

Petr51488
03-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Here's mine. Its the carpets you normally see when you walk into an office. It has that hard rubber underneath. Works Great for me. This was when i first got it. Also the diamond plate ramp floor that i added