PDA

View Full Version : Dually trucks

Drew Gemma
03-03-2007, 02:41 PM
What are the different maintenance issues and such since I have never owned one previously. Just want to make sure I take care of my new investment.

Swampy
03-03-2007, 02:47 PM
more tires to buy.

Gravel Rat
03-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Two extra tires and a heavier truck other than there isn't much difference than a srw truck. On a dually you should check the lug nut torque depending on what year or brand you have the trucks with stud pilot wheels have a bad habit of getting loose rear wheels. Trucks with hub pilot wheels are not so bad but you still should check the lug nut torque.

TXNSLighting
03-03-2007, 09:00 PM
just two more tires

DodgeRam1985
03-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Something that hasn't been mentioned, it is a wider vehicle, so you have to drive accordingly (ex. taking turns wider at the drive-thru, etc.)

Snyderserv5060
03-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Since my truck is covered under a warrenty I added when I got it, it sometimes becomes hard to locate places who can/will work on a DRW truck. Other then that its 2 additional tires, a bit more fuel and slightly different (from what ive found) more expensive brake rotors. I have also found that you need to go to truck service centers to get tires mounted and balanced as the offset on the dually rim is too much for most places and ive been turned away by places, even large companies like Mr. Tire.

All in all the differences ive encountered are minimal and I love the added stability my truck has over my past SRW trucks.

ksss
03-06-2007, 02:47 PM
I almost didn't get a DRW this time. I hate not being able to go through a typical car wash. The DRW really shines when towing heavy so in this case form does follow function. I did not want to lose the stability. I have never had a problem with getting someone to work on the tires, but this is farm country. A CC, DRW is a lot of truck.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-06-2007, 02:51 PM
if u dont need it dont buy it as stated above it all cost more to use
but it is nice to tow with and haul stuff and it is wide and a bear to trun with a super cab

lawnspecialties
03-06-2007, 04:28 PM
more tires to buy.

....and they often wear out faster since it's usually not cost feasible to have them rotated.