PDA

View Full Version : Rust prevention

Drew Gemma
03-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I live and work in the rust belt. What are your thoughts on using undercoatings professionally installed or using a electronic rust eliminator box. Do they work. Also if your vehicle has a little rust already on it which is better.

Mr Priceless
03-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Since Dano50 isn't online, I'll go ahead and say it. Fluid Film is a VERY effective rust preventative/lubricant and can be used on virtually ANY movable metal part you can imagine, and more.

Due to the popular response and great comments from LawnSite members, we will continue to offer FREE samples of Fluid Film (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com)to all members who haven't tried it and live within the Continental United States. :waving:

Fluid Film contains no solvents, will stop corrosion on all metals, lubricates for extended periods of time, will not burn greenery, will not be readily washed off with water, will not get gummy or sticky and will not freeze! :cool2:

Take advantage of this offer now and get your free sample while they last!

Fluid Film is simply the best product to protect your equipment and keep grass from clumping under mower decks. It will stop the corrosive effects of salts, fertilizers and pesticides. It will keep battery terminals protected for at least a year and it works great on firearms, hedgetrimmers, snow equipment, and is an excellent vehicle undercoating.

Fluid Film is manufactured using a natural lanolin base. PM me for your free sample or email me (dwilliams@eurekafluidfilm.com)and let me know where you heard about the offer.

Fluid Film is the real deal. Nothing can come close to offering the same protection. Available nationally through John Deere and online through mowpart.com (http://www.mowpart.com). Check our dealer locator (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/locator/dealer.html)for your closest retailer. :usflag:

you might want to try a free sample of the stuff. Definately worth your time.

GreenN'Clean
03-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah fluid film works great

DodgeRam1985
03-05-2007, 02:17 AM
A professionlly installed undercoat works great. I had one of my trucks sprayed completely with an off brand of Rhino-lining. One problem, make sure they don't spray everything, because it can become a PITA. Case and point, after I had it done, I had to pick it off the oil drain plug to get the thing out. Good Luck!

Gravel Rat
03-05-2007, 02:46 AM
Fluid film is about the only thing that is going to prevent rust or any kind of oil that repels water. Any type of undercoating traps water bettween it and the steel and rusts it.

Its hard to prevent orange cancer once your vehical gets it good luck on getting rid of it. I live in the rust belt too living on the West Coast the salt air from the ocean etc rusts vehicals all year round.

Dano50
03-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Aww, you guys are great!!! Thanks for the plug.

Drew Gemma
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I am not gonna spray my whole truck every so often with fluid film just curious if anyone used other normal methods

AintNoFun
03-06-2007, 02:09 PM
por 15... u can get it in a lot of colors.. you cant get the stuff off....

Drew Gemma
03-06-2007, 02:58 PM
what is por 15

AintNoFun
03-06-2007, 03:09 PM
http://www.por15.com/

i do everything with it, our non stainless sanders, frames, dump and rack bodies, etc... this stuff in unbelivable, but word to the wise do not get it on your skin one of my guys had it on his hands for about 3 weeks and NOTHING takes it off. says right on it only time will get it off your skin, lol..

AAXteriors
03-08-2007, 01:35 PM
I used it on my plow and it has taken a beating but still looks as good as the day i put it on. And the rustier the metal the beter they say it works. I put it on the hitch of my 93 ranger that was really rusted and its worked better that anything else. i tried everything but it would peel off after the winter with the road salt. Now the por 15 is still there and it looks great and NO rust.

Josh

AintNoFun
03-08-2007, 09:57 PM
yea the stuffs pretty amazing.. its ashame they dont use it on the under neath of cars from the factory...

I used it on my plow and it has taken a beating but still looks as good as the day i put it on. And the rustier the metal the beter they say it works. I put it on the hitch of my 93 ranger that was really rusted and its worked better that anything else. i tried everything but it would peel off after the winter with the road salt. Now the por 15 is still there and it looks great and NO rust.

Josh