PDA

View Full Version : Marketing question

A1Lawns
03-03-2007, 04:23 PM
I had 15,000 ads printed up and would like to get them out all this month. I was going to put the ads(3 3/4 x 8 1/2) in a plastic bag and toss them on peoples driveways. This way I could do ALOT with the least amount of time and effort. BUT, I need ideas on what I can place in the bag that would hold some weight to toss it and not have it blow away.
Buying an extra 15,000 pieces of anything is going to get costly fast.
What are some absolute cheap ideas for adding wieght to these bags, aside from rocks??
Any help would be much appreciated.

ED'S LAWNCARE
03-04-2007, 08:00 AM
If it is not mailed to me I consider it litter. There is no reason why I should have to look out my window and see a plastic bag in my drive just because someone wanted to advertise to me. If they want me to see it directly use the postal system.

supercuts
03-04-2007, 10:33 AM
agree with ed, and whenever i get something under my wiper, i make sure never to concider them. ticks me off. litter to me too.

mulchmaster
03-04-2007, 11:41 AM
You would be much better off to hand your ads out door to door or mail them than to just throw them into someones yard. I cant tell you how many times I have pulled into a nice neighborhood to work or advertise and see dozens of flyers blowing through the streets. That to me looks like you cant afford to do real advertising. I am not trying to bust your balls but for every customer you get, you piss off a hundred more.

Andrew