PDA

View Full Version : Is The Hog Hustler's Best Kept Secret?

Stephen M.
03-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I do field mowing that also requires brush cutting. I have a 15 hp and a 17 hp DR Fieldmower that has been excellent on 1 acre or less jobs. The product directory of Lawn & Landscape magazine had an excellent product review write up in November regarding the Hustler Hog mower. It sounds like the mower that will do what I'm currently doing with the DR.

However, I can't get any info on it! No Hustler dealer has a clue what I'm talking about and even the website doesn't even acknowldge the existence of this machine! What gives???

Is this a teaser? I threw out an old page regarding this product from a 10 year old copy of Grounds Maintenance and was surprised to see this product resurface in the afore mentioned online magazine, but I can't even find a dealer who can tell me about it.

I want to know, is Hustler still making and sell these, and if so, why don't you want to sell it?

mowerconsultant
03-05-2007, 08:40 AM
I don't know why it was in any magazine recently, we haven't made it in many years.
Sometimes these publications use "filler" press releases, it sounds like they used a old one they had adn didn't realize we don't make this mower anymore.
It is based off the ShortCut series of mowers which we also have not made in many years.
We will not be making either series of mowers again, but parts will be available for a long time.
If you would like 1 let me know, there are a couple dealers that "hogged" up the remaining stock a few years ago.
E-mail me and I can get something lined up for you.

Pj

Stephen M.
03-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Thank you for the "update". I'm rather P.O'd regarding the fact that a really prominate industry mag is using old and outdated product info as filler. The fact that this mower was highlighted in the email product showcase of the same magazine makes me wonder why is the editors are asleep at the wheel?

What they have done is to create interest in a product that Hustle must have found to be unprofitable; kinda like trying to revive Latin as a "new" language. I understand that the season was winding down in November, but this is rediculous!

mowerconsultant
03-05-2007, 10:43 PM
There isn't exactly and checks and balances when it comes to the publications using filler items or press releases that we release many times a year.
But to use them several years after the product is not made is rather odd.

Pj

TA369
03-28-2007, 09:59 PM
This link is from a Hustler dealers in my area.
Im not sure how often they update their site.... but it may be worth a call if you're interested in a Hog

http://www.wfmiller.com/sales-detail.asp?VehicleID=15411

cajuncutter
03-29-2007, 09:35 PM
The Hog is a bad A machine. I have one and love it. I have not had much call for it but when I do use it it gets the job done. Here is a link to a thread where I have a couple of pics of it. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=76679&highlight=cajuncutter
I have around 90 hours on it right now and have been entertaining selling it. Just as soon as I let it go I will get 100 calls for that kind of work.