PDA

View Full Version : enclosed trailers, whats the best size?

kandklandscape
03-04-2007, 03:57 PM
thinking of buying a larger size trailer instead of building a building! i know alot of you on this site are using enclosed trailers, what size is the best...

here is what i need to fit in it, and tell me what would be best.

2 scag 36"
1 scag 48"
1 z turn 36"

5 weedeaters
dethatcher
aerator
5 blowers
asstd rakes, few shovels
good supply of spool, tools etc, figure can go back in the back of trailer
2 push mowers think (dunno for sure) 26"???
5 echo gas hedge trimmers
1 hsky power brush.

any kind of normal things you would have on a trailer to.

think i membered everything

Eclipse
03-04-2007, 08:52 PM
For what you will be hauling I would not go any smaller than 8x18 and if it was me I would go with 8x20.

kandklandscape
03-05-2007, 02:45 PM
it woul;d be for storage, and then the crews would take what they need, and put it back into the trailer at night when finished. still think an 8x20?

GreenN'Clean
03-05-2007, 03:42 PM
If you can afford the bigger trailer then Id get the biggest one because you can always use that extra space over time when you get more equipment etc

Eclipse
03-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Bigger is always better, sort of. One thing to think about is getting around town with the truck & trailer combo.

If you are towing it with a ext. cab long bed than yeah 20' is probably as big as I would go. With a regular cab long bed I might go 24'.

I pull a 22' with a reg cab long bed truck and there are very few times when I cannot get around as well as I would like with the trailer in tow. A cul-de-sac can be a little tough at times and if there is a car parked there, it is not an option. I'm almost thinking I should have went 24' now for the little bit of extra cost but I am very happy with the 22'. I had an 18' and this and unless I only ever wanted to haul two mowers and accessories I do not think I would go back to an 18'

Prestige-Lawncare
03-05-2007, 08:49 PM
So you are not really going to be towing this trailer anywhere ... just using it for storage? If your area permits (in other words not your yard or driveway) .. you can buy an old semi trailer really, really cheap. Take off the axles, drop the trailer down on the ground ... instant storage building! We've sold many older 36' trailers for as cheap as $200 - $500 ... with the buyer having to remove company logos. The 36' is a perfect size.

Now ... it you can't do that ... then I would say go as big as you can.

I just ordered a 8x18 .. but I am pulling it around with me ... and backing it in at the shop at night.