PDA

View Full Version : Best size motor for 60" Z

Prestige-Lawncare
03-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Swung through my local dealers lot today (Sunday), as he had some new mowers in crates sitting outside his building. While there, I was looking at some of the other mowers he already had that were sitting in front of his building. (I wouldn't want to buy a mower that has been sitting outside in the weather all year)

Anyway ... some of these mowers were probably left overs from last season that he had not sold ... but I saw where he had like a 60" Z with a 23hp Kaw on it. Wouldn't you think that would be a little "under powered"?

He did have one with a Honda, and one with a 30hp Kohler also ... and a 54" with a 19hp Kaw. I would think I would rather have the 23hp on the 54" Z, and something bigger on the 60".

I was thinking these were just his left over mowers that he didn't sell last year .. probably because of the engine size.

Thoughts ... opinions?

mowerconsultant
03-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Believe it or not the 23 was a strong selling unit for us for many years.
In most conditions if you keep the ground speed in check, the 23 works very good.

Pj

Prestige-Lawncare
03-05-2007, 08:24 AM
What are all of the Kaw. engine size options available on the Hustler Z's? I have read where others say don't go less then 25hp on a 60" ... while even some others say nothing less then a 27hp.

mowerconsultant
03-05-2007, 09:40 PM
What are all of the Kaw. engine size options available on the Hustler Z's? I have read where others say don't go less then 25hp on a 60" ... while even some others say nothing less then a 27hp.

We offer the 23 and 25 hp on the Hustler Z full framed units and 17 and 19 on the Mini Z's.
we also offer the 26hp liquid cooled on the Super Z series.

Pj

blackandgold
03-05-2007, 11:59 PM
If we still had the 23, I would sell more of them than the 25 in the Hustler Z Family.

If people are thinking higher than 25hp, go with a Super Z.