PDA

View Full Version : response rate

mulchmaster
03-04-2007, 05:36 PM
I know there are a few guys out there that advertise religiously. I am getting ready to do a mailing and don't know how many to send out. I have 5,000 good addresses that I hand picked. Every postcard is going to a home in a very nice area. My question is what kind of response rate can I expect out of this. I know it depends alot on the weather, but out of 5000 postcards how many calls can I expect to get?

Thanks to ALL Andrew

TurfProSTL
03-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Kind of hard to say, not knowing what you're advertising. Is there a special offer or an attention getter?

Anyway, I think 1-2% is generally accepted as a decent return.....

mulchmaster
03-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Sorry about that, I am advertising a full service lawn care and landscaping company. I am getting ready to have the postcards printed and didn't plan on any deals. post cards are being professionally done, so they will look great. I thought about third cut free, but I still don't know for sure. I know I should already have this done, but we are moving and I don't have the ok from the state on my new name. I have no problem printing more postcards, but I am going from a 3 man operation to working by myself and I don't want to be spread to thin.

Thanks Andrew

TurfProSTL
03-04-2007, 08:20 PM
OK, 75 calls and you will close 30.....

:D

Just kidding. Every new mailing is a crap shoot, IMO. Especially in this business, with weather playing such a critical role.

My experience has been a 1.5% return on a nicely done (unpriced but targeted) postcard with no special deals. 40% close rate on fertilizer programs, higher close rate for mowing and lower for landscaping.

Good luck

mulchmaster
03-04-2007, 08:35 PM
When I read your first line I almost fell over. Thanks for your help, starting over kinda sucks. My new area is much better suited for my business, so it is well worth it.

Flow Control
03-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Where is your new area

mulchmaster
03-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Southwest ohio

Perfect Lawn
03-05-2007, 08:36 AM
I mailed out 300 last week not one call yet.... 10% off coupon on there and 1/2 off mowing. Might be just a tad bit too early for me in my area.