PDA

View Full Version : Chrome or Black?

KS_Grasscutter
03-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Ok, I am in the process of fixing a bunch of minor things on my 02 Ford Ranger (most of which are due to me being an idiot and doing stupid stuff on ice). Anyway, I managed to bend (at least) one wheel. So, I am thinking it is time for some American Racing wheels. The question- do I want black or chrome? The truck is kinda dark blue. I think the black would look cool with mud tires, but the chrome would be sweet too. What would you suggest? Also, the black are obviously cheaper, which will be a part of my decision.

The black ones
http://www.autopartsdeal.com/catalog/images/alloem_performance/thumbs200/american_racing/b767.jpg

chrome
http://www.autopartsdeal.com/catalog/images/alloem_performance/thumbs200/american_racing/b62.jpg

And the truck they will be going on
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/KS_Grasscutter/HPIM0588.jpg

lawnspecialties
03-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Especially if you're going to use this for your business, go with the polished aluminum. IMO, black rims look like "this truck's a redneck mudslingin' truck".:laugh:

KS_Grasscutter
03-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Especially if you're going to use this for your business, go with the polished aluminum. IMO, black rims look like "this truck's a redneck mudslingin' truck".:laugh:

Well, it IS going to be my redneck mud-slinging truck (hence the mud tires). I got a 84 Chevy for my mowing truck, and I only use this for some estimates and snow removal.

mulchmaster
03-04-2007, 07:39 PM
You plow snow with that truck?

KS_Grasscutter
03-04-2007, 07:45 PM
No, use it to haul around a snow blower. Was thinking about a plow, but then thought my money could be better spent. What I am gonna do for next year is have a plow for my Dixon, plus a 24" or 30" snow blower, and my little Toro S200 for the really small stuff.

mulchmaster
03-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Not to change the subject, but since you don't plow you might want to try to hook up with a larger snow removal company and do walks for them. I would like to find someone that is willing to clear walks, plus the pay should be great. I use to clear walks for a guy and made $25 an hour using his trucks and equiptment. Just a thought Andrew

rfed32
03-04-2007, 09:06 PM
i personaly think ur money would be well spent on a blizzard 720lt or a snoway snowplow for that truck then gettin a plow for ur dixon....jst use the truck and get some shovels....i did that with my s10 last year made my money back on my plow and enough to just about get me a new plow for my truck this year....but i like the polished rims

KS_Grasscutter
03-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Ok, so far the polished chrome have came to an early lead. Does ANYONE like the black?

Also, about the snowplow...
This year was odd, in the fact that we got 3 plowable snowfalls I believe. I think that was 2", 4", and about 8" if i remember right. Usually we would just get one or maybe two. Last year we had NO snow basically. There is no way (while going to school anyway) that I could plow enough driveways or small commercial lots to make a plow pay off. On the other hand, a Dixon plow is less then $400, so it would be payed for after doing 20 driveways. It would take 200 driveways to pay for the truck plow.

snoope
03-04-2007, 10:35 PM
KS-G,

It is your truck....do what you want.......:rolleyes:

My Tacoma has factory aluminum wheels BUT I have a polished black tool box in the bed....and all of my trim is black..excluding bumpers ( end caps and rear bumper step are black)...

My " Office" is dressed both in black and chrome..A 2005 Mack Granite "Dump Bucket"...With Painted steel wheels with chrome accents.....keep it clean and that is the best "Business card" you can ever have..

Owners preference goes a long way here.....Wash...polish..wax...and be happy..plus I get paid to "play" in the mud and W.P.W.too :usflag:

Snoope back quiet

GG386
03-04-2007, 10:58 PM
I vote for black, the plow maybe a problem though:rolleyes:

tthomass
03-04-2007, 10:58 PM
polished rims

robbo521
03-05-2007, 12:01 AM
the black is cool,but they will not hold up very long.them are made just like the bart racing wheels we use.hit on thing or a curb and they will bend.

DodgeRam1985
03-05-2007, 01:13 AM
I personally like the look of black better on trucks. I think the chrome looks nice if you keep it clean and it is more of a "show" than "go" truck. JMO, but like I said, I would go black (especially if you add the mud tires like you suggest you are going too). Good luck!

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Personally, I like the rims you have. I know some guys like the look of the wheels your choosing from but to me they look cheap. You got a nice truck already, if you want something to go offroading why not buy an older truck fairly cheap and do it that way. Just my .02.

J&R Landscaping
03-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Ok, so far the polished chrome have came to an early lead. Does ANYONE like the black?

Also, about the snowplow...
This year was odd, in the fact that we got 3 plowable snowfalls I believe. I think that was 2", 4", and about 8" if i remember right. Usually we would just get one or maybe two. Last year we had NO snow basically. There is no way (while going to school anyway) that I could plow enough driveways or small commercial lots to make a plow pay off. On the other hand, a Dixon plow is less then $400, so it would be payed for after doing 20 driveways. It would take 200 driveways to pay for the truck plow.

I had a dodge dakota that I got painted a dark blue that had those black american racing rims! It's one very nice combo IMO!!

GreenN'Clean
03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Id go with the chrome ,but go with the one you want its your truck

mow & snow
03-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Once you go black you 'll never go back!

SimonCX
03-05-2007, 07:47 PM
I would go with black, take a look at the American Racing AR-3981 Mojave w/Teflon there a matte black and look really good with mud tires and a dark colored truck.

TXNSLighting
03-05-2007, 11:08 PM
chrome!!! i cant stand the black wheels! i dont know how anyone can...

Duncan90si
03-06-2007, 12:22 PM
black gets my vote