PDA

View Full Version : Banked Hours

LawnsRUsInc.
03-04-2007, 08:26 PM
I have heard many things about this topic from const. co. all the way to municipal emp. I have some emp. that want to bank their hours starting this coming season. I have heard that i can call is a vacation fund, its illegal idk what to believe. Does anyone have any info or insight on this subject?

ECS
03-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Against the law. Check with the DOL.

dchauling
03-05-2007, 11:42 PM
It's legal in Canada as long as it is on writing by both the employee and employer.

lawnman_scott
03-06-2007, 07:10 AM
http://www.hre.gov.ab.ca/documents/WRR/WRR-ES-FI_esfs9.pdf

MarcSmith
03-06-2007, 08:16 AM
I would think that this could be a nightmare in reagards to keeping track of hours banked and such.....

Do you bank them at overtime or regular rate....

ECS
03-06-2007, 10:49 AM
I got back 1/2 time on all my banked hours for two years. If I had 16 hours banked and took two days off with pay, that is straight time. I got back the half time for those 16 hours. Where I worked, this was a common practice for years. When I got fired, I wanted and needed my money. The USDOL went in and did an audit just before Christmas, I got all my half time owed to me over the past two years that the DOL goes back on, so did every employee they had. I fought that with my employer for years, demanding 1 1/2 time off but got nowhere, until the end when they were audited. If I had taken 1 1/2 time off, I would have gotten nothing back.