PDA

View Full Version : posts slowing down?

lawnboy82
07-17-2001, 11:04 PM
is it just me, or are the posts starting to slow down on here? i find that i get on and there will be at times during the night 40 something people on the forum. and yet we dont go through nearly as many threads as we used to not all that long ago.

LoneStarLawn
07-17-2001, 11:08 PM
With the new server I wouldn't think there would be any problems of late..

Extremely fast on this end.

http://www.vbulletinhosting.com/customers/lawnsite/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17696

Eric ELM
07-17-2001, 11:09 PM
With around 150,000 posts here, there is a lot of reading. This is probably why you don't see many posts when lots are on line.

I think every subject has been covered at least once, some hundreds of times. :)

Wait until this fall and winter, you won't be able to read them all there will be so many posts a day. Last winter we had days of over 700 posts a day and we didn't have nearly as many members as now. Most members are putting in long days and they don't have time to post or are to tired to make a post.

Stick around :D

1MajorTom
07-17-2001, 11:14 PM
I think he means that there are a decent amount of people on here, but people aren't posting as much.

To answer your question Lawnboy, a lot of times during the cutting season, members just stop by to see what is new. Many are probably tired from working all day that they don't always feel like typing. The post count will pick up in the winter though that's for sure.

LoneStarLawn
07-17-2001, 11:14 PM
obviously I missunderstood what you meant...

Both Eric and Jodi are right though..