PDA

View Full Version : How can I make my wright stander faster?

googles
03-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I love my wright stander. But I wish I could put it in an extra gear when I am not using the blades and just driving down the block to the next house. Does anyone know how I can beef up so speed on it?

Ric3077
03-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Get an engine with more HP

Raven386
03-04-2007, 10:48 PM
bigger engine w/ more hp seems to be a good start.

googles
03-04-2007, 10:53 PM
is there anything i can do or add to 17hp i have now?

khouse
03-04-2007, 11:02 PM
There should be a limit adjustment on the control levers. Adjust them to where your getting the full throw at the hydro's. Also make sure your high idle speed is correct. I have seen many engines running at 3000 to 3200 rpm's when they should be running 3600

dutch1
03-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Do you have an owners manual for the unit? Khouse is on the money, engine rpms, hydros levers adjusted to wide open, and a clean hydro filter are about the only ways you're going to increase speed. At transport speeds, horsepower is not going to be a factor. Cutting width, speed the unit is designed to cut at and accessories are the important factors in horsepower requirements.

Dutch

bobcat175
03-05-2007, 08:25 AM
How fast are you going now? Are you below what your top end should be...or just looking for tweaks over normal?

Make sure you have the controls adjusted...check out the attachment from the manual...

Also I have seen other people adjust the pump so that it favors forward. Meaning you are taking away from reverse speed. I can find out more on this if you like.

Also make sure that the bypass valves are completely closed...hand tight is enough.

pugs
03-05-2007, 10:30 AM
How old is the machine? On the older models they offered a "Speed-up kit" Basically new pulleys for the hydros, a different belt...not sure what else. I think it takes it from tops speed of like 5MPH up to 6.8 maybe? Still not as fast as the Newest models that I think go 8MPH but its a step up at least. You would need to get under the machine and measure the pulleys to see if the kit is already installed or not.

And a larger engine wont do anything. All of these engines are intended to run at the same RPM. So you will not gain any speed at all from more HP. The only way to gain speed is to spin faster.

mojob
03-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Look under the control panel where the hand levers join the control rods. If yours is like mine, there will be two sets of holes that the control rods can use. Make sure the rods are in the holes that will allow the greatest amount of travel. They made it this way, so you could put the rods into the "slow" holes until the operator got used to the machine.

GreenN'Clean
03-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I'd be careful about trying to get to much hp out of the motor you might blow it up if its an older machine

DiyDave
03-05-2007, 03:22 PM
:hammerhead:Put bigger wheels/tires on it!:laugh: :laugh:

googles
03-05-2007, 04:04 PM
i have 2006 RH 36 stander 17 hp

Ric3077
03-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Go on a diet maybe?

pugs
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
06 Rapid Height eh...I think you are going to be stuck with the speed you have. I would check to make sure the controls are set in the faster position...but thats about it for that model. Should go about 7.5 MPH in forward according to the literature.

topsites
03-05-2007, 08:08 PM
omg how far do you gotta drive? :laugh:

ed2hess
03-05-2007, 09:42 PM
I was talking the the Walker guys about the speed up kits on their units where they essentially run the hydro faster. The down size is the controls turn out to be far more sensitive and in some cases it just don't work. Our stander is pretty sensitive at the present setup....we have the 17hp. I understand what you are looking to do.....we do the same thing. Road speed is important.

googles
03-05-2007, 11:23 PM
06 Rapid Height eh...I think you are going to be stuck with the speed you have. I would check to make sure the controls are set in the faster position...but thats about it for that model. Should go about 7.5 MPH in forward according to the literature.

yea thats about what speed it does. I am always looking to go faster and get done faster LOL never enough speed no matter how fast it is :laugh:

johnnywill08
04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Go on a diet maybe?

ric, lmao!!!!

pclawncare
04-13-2007, 09:47 PM
I was talking the the Walker guys about the speed up kits on their units where they essentially run the hydro faster. The down size is the controls turn out to be far more sensitive and in some cases it just don't work. Our stander is pretty sensitive at the present setup....we have the 17hp. I understand what you are looking to do.....we do the same thing. Road speed is important.

Hey ed i was asking my dealer about the walker speed up kits the other day and he said they no longer make them and you can not get them? Have you herd different?

ed2hess
04-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Hey ed i was asking my dealer about the walker speed up kits the other day and he said they no longer make them and you can not get them? Have you herd different?

At the March show in Austin they said no speed up for some of the low end commericial models....I didn't ask about the high end stuff.

pclawncare
04-13-2007, 11:36 PM
that kind of stinks