PDA

View Full Version : Truck ?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-05-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm not sure where else to post this so I'll try here. It won't be long til I'm ready to get a new truck. My current truck is a '97 F150 xlt longbed v6, 5sp w/ 149,000 miles. I like my truck and it does everything that I need it to do but business has been good and this is the longest vehicle I've owned (1 yr for me but bought it from my dad who had it for 2 yrs). It pulls a 16' tandem trailer that carries 2 commercial z's (both 60"). It pulls ok not really alot of power but like I said it does what I need. I'm thinking for my next truck I want to go w/ a diesel for the fuel economy and b/c of there expected lifespan (200k-300k miles w/ proper maintence.) And we have a 20' equipment trailer for our Massey Ferguson 263 that we currently use our '92 f450 dumptruck for but it's got the 460 and mpg SUCK!!! I've been looking at the Dodge 2500 & 3500. I like the cummins and I've heard a lot of good things about them plus I found a place where I can get a brand new 3500 for $35k which is a good deal. I don't want a dually or a truck that is fully loaded, just something that is a nice truck w/ some options that I can work in and use it for family trips into town.
What do you guys use and recommend? Next year I plan on getting a 20 foot enclosed trailer and i know my current truck won't pull it.I've been looking mostly at Ford and Dodge b/c GM's are a little too pricy.

Sorry for the long post but thanks for any and all advice.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-08-2007, 12:42 PM
........bump.......

TXNSLighting
03-08-2007, 12:49 PM
i have a dodge with the cummins, and i like the engine but hate the truck. i will be goin with a ford again when i get this one paid off. i really think you will be happier with the ford, and you can get a true crew cab. unless you like the mega cab....and my powerstrokes got way better mileage than my cummins does...

razor1
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I know you said you wanted a diesel, and I don't mean to steer you away from that, but I have a nice 99' Ford F 250 w/4.6L gas, 38k orig. miles and all new Goodyear tires for sale $7200. obo., if you're interested. I can send pics. PM me if need be.

AAXteriors
03-08-2007, 01:16 PM
....and my powerstrokes got way better mileage than my cummins does...

I was told when i was looking for a truck That the cummins as the best with MPG.. It was an old cummins. It was a 6cyl are the new engines 8cyl?:confused: