PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone paying for insurance?

Scag48
03-05-2007, 02:48 AM
Hey everyone. Gonna call my agent tomorrow about getting some rates for general liability toward my new venture. Just curious as to what everyone else is paying. I know it varies, but I'd just like a few ball park numbers. I've talked to my dad about his insurance, but he's in a whole different ball game. He's bonded for $2 million, has multiple trucks and 2 pieces of heavy equipment on the policy. I'm just going to be getting something fairly basic to cover me so I can get licensed, I hope it's not going to cost me an arm and a leg, only have about 3 accounts at this time.

dhardin53
03-05-2007, 05:19 AM
It can realy very as you know. My first police was for 1 mil, just general liability was $350 a year, mowing only. 1 mill is about as low as some componies want to wright anymore. Thats no tree cuting/chain saw work and no lawn aplications/chemicals, and I thing they limit garden tilling and snow removeal. All those have a higher rate of potential clames. To get the lower rate you will be asked if you do these and other dangures tasks.

I have added coverage for my equipment and my larger trailer for additional $100 a year that is a rider on my truck insurance. There is a difference in personall truck insurece and a small truck used for a busness. To this I added a rider for a trailer full of equipment. The small personal truck insurance will not pay if you have a acident haling the kind of stuf we all use in the commercial LCO today.
I want to say my truck, trailer and equipment on it, and General liability is around 200 or $250 every quarter.

But just starting out I feel you only need general liability. To protect you if you damage some thing or some one while doing your work.

Im no expert on this matter but my wife is. She is a underwrighter for long haule trucking. My agent works with my wife to keep me insured at a reasonal price. You need to shop around and ask lots of questions. You ask or the agent should ask questions so you get the coverage you need. No more no less.

Oh yes I have found that many compiness will not cover if you break glass, car windows or house or business windows. Make you do get glass covereage. A LCO friend of mine was paying $1400 a year for general liability and that did not cover glass breakage. So look out.

TURFLORD
03-05-2007, 05:53 AM
It can realy very as you know. My first police was for 1 mil, just general liability was $350 a year, mowing only. 1 mill is about as low as some componies want to wright anymore. Thats no tree cuting/chain saw work and no lawn aplications/chemicals, and I thing they limit garden tilling and snow removeal. All those have a higher rate of potential clames. To get the lower rate you will be asked if you do these and other dangures tasks.

I have added coverage for my equipment and my larger trailer for additional $100 a year that is a rider on my truck insurance. There is a difference in personall truck insurece and a small truck used for a busness. To this I added a rider for a trailer full of equipment. The small personal truck insurance will not pay if you have a acident haling the kind of stuf we all use in the commercial LCO today.
I want to say my truck, trailer and equipment on it, and General liability is around 200 or $250 every quarter.

But just starting out I feel you only need general liability. To protect you if you damage some thing or some one while doing your work.

Im no expert on this matter but my wife is. She is a underwrighter for long haule trucking. My agent works with my wife to keep me insured at a reasonal price. You need to shop around and ask lots of questions. You ask or the agent should ask questions so you get the coverage you need. No more no less.

Oh yes I have found that many compiness will not cover if you break glass, car windows or house or business windows. Make you do get glass covereage. A LCO friend of mine was paying $1400 a year for general liability and that did not cover glass breakage. So look out.

Spell check, please!!!

chuck bow
03-05-2007, 06:00 AM
1 Million general liability for Mowing and Landscape Maintenance =$491.00
1 million on the trucks( my com. accounts require this)=$700 per truck per yr
Inland marine policy( to cover equip on trailer and in shop) $45kcov=700 per yr
Iam sure iam missing something but this is what i can think of right now.

TKO Landscaping
03-05-2007, 06:49 AM
A couple recent quotes I got over the winter (NJ) were
1 million- $746 thru Allstate
around 925-1100 thru other companies
2 million-1450 thru The Hartfords
( no big tree work, no lawn chemicals, and no commercial snow powing, and some have limited residential plowing to like 10 accounts)

corey1977
03-05-2007, 07:45 AM
I pay $500.00 a year hafe a mill to mow libilty

desert rose gardening
03-05-2007, 10:27 AM
I pay $1,200.00 a year for 2 million.

GreenN'Clean
03-05-2007, 11:29 AM
I pay $450 a yr for mil policy

Chop Stuff Up
03-05-2007, 11:38 AM
too freggin much

chuck bow
03-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Maybe to much but one rock thru a picture window and its payed for itself believe me i know this for a fact and GOD forbid a rock to someones head and your ruined for life

Chop Stuff Up
03-05-2007, 02:41 PM
im payin 950... how much does a picture window cost? :laugh: I suppose the ability to bid on commercial props makes it pay for itself.

supercuts
03-06-2007, 09:44 AM
roughly $1500/year for mow/snow liability, 1 mil/ $25k theft
$762/year com veh insurance, 1 mil

willretire@40
03-06-2007, 10:44 AM
1mil liability and 10k equipment theft=$40 a month or $480 a year
1 million truck policy for 07 xl f-150= $160 a month or $1920 a year
looks like my truck policy is high compared to others here.

J&R Landscaping
03-06-2007, 12:31 PM
I got a quote from nationwide recently.
1 millon general liability
Up to 1 mill per accident, up to 2 accidents per year
Lawn service and Landscaping
$657 a year PLUS $500 per blade for snow removal.

LTDLawnCare
03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
I pay $960 a year for 1 mill with 15k theft

chuck bow
03-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Damn looks like iam getting off pretty good , mine has riders for theft and if i start a fire on someones landscape with the mower BTW picture window was 800 bucks- $250 deductable so my part was $550.00 it payed for itself right then and there

lawnspecialties
03-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Spell check, please!!!

:laugh: :laugh: You got that right!