PDA

View Full Version : leaking seal and synthetic

Downunder Bob
03-05-2007, 05:37 AM
Hi fellas.
I have a 24hp Honda with a leaking bottom seal. It's on an 04 mini-z with 200hrs. I've ran a Valvoline full synthetic oil in her since 50 hrs, changing oil and filter every 50.
The question I ask is, do you think running the synthetic had anything to do with the premature failure of the seal?

chuck bow
03-05-2007, 06:33 AM
I had a 24 hp honda that was leaking oil also but the shop found that it had a bad dipstick tube so they replaced this and also it was leaking from the drain tube on the motor .The drain is a poor design on hondas part and it is a pita to change the oil . What is your 24 hp Honda on Bob ?

Downunder Bob
03-05-2007, 03:15 PM
It's on a 2004 Hustler Mini-Z. I have'nt pulled the engine out yet, but it sure looks like it's coming from the bottom seal.

chuck bow
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Bob before i would pull the motor ck the dipstick tube, mine had the o ring that had gone bad and it was just as cheap to put a new tube on with proper size o ring from factory. I thought mine was leaking from the bottom seal too but this is what they found .They told me the vibration from the motor caused this as there wasnt enough support on the tube