PDA

View Full Version : weather and door hanger results

Turfdoctor1
03-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Herbicide/Fertilizer company

The weather has been terrible here in the late winter and I was wondering how it was going to affect my door hanger results--big time. One Saturday I got about 1000 out and the following Monday and Tuesday were beautiful. 19 new customers. The rest of the time with bad weather, about 2000 door hangers put out, 11 new customers.

This is my second year, and I am now up to abou 70 customers (still have a full time job). I want to be full time by next year. I am planning on putting out the rest of my 5000 door hangers in the next couple of weeks. Then I want to follow up with postcards to many of the same neighborhoods as well as many others (10000).

Finally to my questions. How hard is it going to be to gain new customers from advertising now that the season has started? What suggestions would you have for timing with the postcards? Any ideas of a return rate given the fact that people will have already missed the first part of the lawn care season?

ED'S LAWNCARE
03-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Maybe you can help me? How do you handle 70 accts with a full time job? I wish I could do that.

DaughtryLC
03-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Sounds like a GOOD start to me!, good luck

Turfdoctor1
03-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Maybe you can help me? How do you handle 70 accts with a full time job? I wish I could do that.

thanks for the positive feedback guys. to answer your question, ed, lots of stress right now. but, i have good bosses at my job, and pretty leniant hours.

anybody have any opinions about the questions??

thanks,
josh