PDA

View Full Version : Deere field tests? Two! Nice gear.

turfmagazine
03-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi. Jim @ TURF magazine here.

John Deere would like two field tests. One on a commercial Gator Utility Vehicle, and one on the 110TLB (Tractor Loader Backhoe. They would like the gator tested by a landscaper and they will determine the size of the gator for the jobs that the landscaper is doing. The 110 TLB they would like tested in a governmental institution.

They don't care where. So I'm looking for experienced, dependable field tessters. Remember, we pay for the written report on the field test, not Deere. So we can be honest.

If you have interest, PLEASE send me an e-mail here at my office.
jkendrick@turfmagazine.com

Thanks!

turfmagazine
03-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I hope there's someone on lawnsite who does maintenance for a government or other institution. The Deere folks are really hoping for that.

LindblomRJ
03-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Well I almost rented a 110 TLB last spring for a small project. Used a different machine at about half the cost.

txgrassguy
03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Jim, I maintain all of my Independent School District campuses as well as apartment complexes for the Texas Housing Authority.
The TLB I have no use for at this time but I could possibly incorporate the gator into my maintenance equipment fleet.
Let me know as I am scheduling for the week of 12 March.

godzilla
03-06-2007, 11:54 PM
One of my friends and I could demo the 110 TLB on a residential project we're doing. In incorporates planting, drainage installation, close proximity to structures, moving materials such as gravel and boulders, also tearing up a driveway to make room for a new one. He's got a 575 NH backhoe for comparison purposes, as well as a Volvo 55B and an LS180 skid steer. I'm sure we could also make room for the gator... not sure how, but I'm sure we could figure SOMETHING out. Oh, and I have had my articles published before in other trade mags.