PDA

View Full Version : Weird situation

zmowingmaster
03-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi guys,
Right before I was done working on my last account while plowing,my turn signals acted weird on me.
While head lights are off,Right turn signal works,left turn signal works but the whole dash board blinks with it.
While head lights are ON.Right turn signal works , left turn signal doesn't work, Left turn signal light bulb stays on continuously without blinking.
Just changed the turn signal relay. Still same problem.Same problem if plow is on or off the truck.
What do you think

GLS
03-05-2007, 04:57 PM
I hate electrical issues.

You might try checking the grounds. Also, check for any rubbed through wiring.

We had a bad ground that was causing all kinds of unusual problems. The gauges would flicker, work lights came on even though they were switched off...

We've also had rubbed through wiring on both of our trucks. Just recently the highbeams would come on randomly. Both instances the wires were frayed behind the front bumper from rubbing against the end of the frame rail.

Good luck

zmowingmaster
03-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Thanks Ryan,I will try that as soon as i get out.

xcopterdoc
03-05-2007, 09:28 PM
You have a bad ground. Power is feeding back thru the system. Check all external grounds. Also check inside the light housings and the bulbs themselves. I've seen filiments in bulbs ground out and cause the same thing. A jumper wire with two clips is a good test lead, hook one end to the light housing that is acting up, connect the other to a clean ground and see if it works correctly.

D Felix
03-05-2007, 09:47 PM
I agree with xcopter- check your bulbs first; they are easier than chasing down wires.

I had a filament break on my front turn signal several years back. When it broke, it laid across the marker light filament, which then backfed through the entire system. Made it look like my brakes were on 100% of the time, turn signals flashed on both sided, etc, etc, etc.

I didn't know where to start, so took it to an auto electrical shop and $40 later had it fixed. :) Surprised me that's all it was!