PDA

View Full Version : Don't move this thread until I get an answer please....

nitro121
03-05-2007, 06:17 PM
I was about to order LawnPro software....but I'm waiting for an answer from the company to see if the stuff not only schedules my routes but keep them organized. So far the guy couldn't answer the question....or at least hasn't returned my email.

I want to be able to schedule a 20 route day...then have that same route pop up in 2 weeks (or whatever the cutting schedule) in that same order.

I need a software like that and doesn't cost a grand. LawnPro's price was great because I only mow-and-go....I have quickbooks for banking.

I hope this doesn't get moved because this is the main forum everyone looks at....let me get some answers first please.

Peace,
Gary

Jason Rose
03-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Well this MAY help you... This was compliments of St balor (or something like that) in a thread I had a few weeks back about lawn pro. This, hopefully, will get you the free trial version you can use for 30 days to see if it will work for you before you buy it.

You can get the trial demo from this link. http://www.saintsofwar.com/lawnpro/LawnPro2.exe

Best of luck... I tried it out and was was thankful I didn't waste the money on it. Yes it's a fairly well designed program, and yes, there are "upgrades" that come out frequently, but there was just major issues I had with it that would have made it MORE time consuming to do invoices each month than what it is already!

gene gls
03-05-2007, 08:07 PM
I e-mailed this company 2 months ago and they have not returned an answer yet.

Go with Gopher, cheap and easy. It has a couple of "glitches" but works OK for what I use it for.

gl1200a
03-05-2007, 08:15 PM
I do mine in Microsoft Excel as a spreadsheet.

StBalor
03-05-2007, 08:19 PM
It will not schedule them automatically the 1st time. If you have 20 lawns you want on the same day, you will have to assign them all to that day. Then it will give you an option on how many days between cuts. You can choose from a variety of choices. Lets say you choose every 7. When you open lawnpro up and it happens to be that day it will say who to mow today. All 20 lawns will be on that list. 7 days later, they will be on that list again.

nitro121
03-05-2007, 09:09 PM
But does it keep the schedule in order?? I know the stuff will pop up...but I don't want to have to re-type or reorganize routes every night. Ya know what I mean? And I also want to add people in those routes at any time.

I'm pretty sure it will keep them in my original order....but some of the large gated/lake/golf communities, it can take me an hour to look up each street the first time to get the route tight. But I still don't want to have to spend 10 minutes reorganizing the list after it pops up every night. Plus I need to order this software asap....cutting starts in 3 weeks. :clapping:

v/r
Gary

Jason Rose
03-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't "think" it puts them in any specific order for each day. I never came across where you could put them in such an order anyway. I agree, that's handy to have. I'm just solo, but I keep a route sheet for the week, by day, in my truck at all times. they are in order from the 1st lawn to the last for each day. Some wonder how you could forget one, well when you have been running a route very long and you are busy, things happen, especially if you got behind part of a day from the weather or something.