PDA

View Full Version : New Motor for Turf Tarcer HP

Blink74
03-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I've got a 2000 Exmark Turf Tracer HP that is in good shape other than the motor. Somehow, where the coil attaches to the block the cylinder cracked. My questions are:

Is the cylinders removable or is the entire block one peice? If the cylinders are removable, can I replace the cracked one?

The motor on there now is a Kawi FH451V-AS04. I can't find that exact FH451V will any FH451V-XXXX do?

They now come with FH541V (17hp) will one of those work?

Also, what experience have you guys had swapping out motors?

FIXDISS
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Wait for Restrorob to answer before you trash this thing. I seem to recall a recent post about a modular ignition system that may fit Kaw's. and maybe the coil mount would not be a problem . Just a thought.

MowerMedic77
03-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Are you referring to the coil mount post? If so then yes they are cast onto the main block. I had a customer tell me they did the same thing replacing coils and they JB Welded it back into place and he is still using the unit no problems as far as I know.

The replacement engine for your spec is FH430V-CS22S its a 15hp KAI motor recoil start MSRP is around $850.00
Hope this helps:)

Snyderserv5060
03-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I JUST (yesterday) replaced the kawasaki engine on my 48" 03ish turf tracer hp. The unit came from the factory with a 17hp motor...the mower was in great shape but the motor was not perfect.

I picked up a FH500V engine over the FH541V since (what im told) is the changes are just emissions and the placement of the air filter. The engines are the same otherwise and the FH500 is cheaper. I opted to get my motor set up for recoil start BUT it does have (my choice) an alternator and starter so I can make the unit electric start. Mine came to $799 shipped for the 17hp version, the recoil only start is about $50-75 cheaper.

As long as your origional engine has the same crank size the 17hp unit should work out fine. What size mower do you have now (deck)? The swap was not hard just took a few hours to keep the belts and pullies all in order and such. I removed the deck so I had more access and got the thing up in the air. If you want me to go into more detail I can just let me know. Ive got it all running and im happy with it...the part in working on now is the electric start/soleniods/wiring...

Post up a bit more info on the unit and I will see what I can find from all my seaches.

Snyderserv5060
03-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Mine came from http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/

They were very helpful and answered a lot of my questions. I can say they were selling the FH500V at the discounted price I paid (above post) but only had/have a few left. If you are to get this or a similar engine make sure its set up for seperate choke and throttle controls like our exmarks are...mine arrived to me with them together :confused: all in all I used the parts off the origional engine but it was more work that I did not anticipate.

Email over to Gary:
sales@tulsaenginewarehouse.com

Im sure he'll remember me as we've been on and off the phone and talking through emails to get my parts all ordered and figured out. It would probably be smart to just drop on the larger engine as the unit should bolt on identical and give a bit more power then your used to. I considered going up to the 19hp but for one the 17 was enough for the use this mower gets and the 19 was more money.

Good luck,
Jon