PDA

View Full Version : Convert pickup to flatbed

Smitty58
03-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm thinking about converting my truck to a flatbed. I know there are a couple people here who have done this ,but what are the pros and cons of doing this. I've looked at stock beds and talked to a fabricator about building one. Before I pull the trigger on this I'd like to hear some of your thoughts.

Truck is a 05 F-350 SRW

gene gls
03-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm thinking about converting my truck to a flatbed. I know there are a couple people here who have done this ,but what are the pros and cons of doing this. I've looked at stock beds and talked to a fabricator about building one. Before I pull the trigger on this I'd like to hear some of your thoughts.

Truck is a 05 F-350 SRW

Go with a prefab body on a SRW to save weight on your overall GVW. A fabricator will build it overkill and you loose weight hauling capacity. Put a hoist under it while your at it, makes life much easier.

Gravel Rat
03-05-2007, 11:22 PM
I would probably go with a aluminum bed it will save some weight and probably be cheaper. Plus aluminum is maintenace free no painting to deal with.

stroker51
03-06-2007, 12:50 AM
I personally like the Bradford Built flatbeds, lots of them around here. I don't know how easy it would be to put a hoist under one though, I wish at least one of my flatbeds had a hoist.