PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of overwieght...

A1Lawns
03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I saw online a few days ago that overwieght employees can earn 100,000 LESS than other employees over the course of their careers.
I wonder now...and this is my question to all of you..
What do you think potential clients think of you if you are overwieght?

These days, my gut looks like I'm about to have twins, no joke. I'm disgusted by it(but can handle it)-why wouldnt this hurt me in getting potential clients?? It just might!
Something to think about. :cool2:

Opinions? Fatasses, thin people...whoever....:confused:

Lynden-Jeff
03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I am self consious when I go selling, im sure most clients do not care but even still, by the end of the year I will have burned off most of my weight. So far ive lost 15 lbs since news years and I hope it will speed up since ive been doing very little other then eating healthy.

Cheers
Jeff

MSS Mow
03-06-2007, 07:54 PM
I saw online a few days ago that overwieght employees can earn 100,000 LESS than other employees over the course of their careers.
I wonder now...and this is my question to all of you..
What do you think potential clients think of you if you are overwieght?

These days, my gut looks like I'm about to have twins, no joke. I'm disgusted by it(but can handle it)-why wouldnt this hurt me in getting potential clients?? It just might!
Something to think about. :cool2:

Opinions? Fatasses, thin people...whoever....:confused:

Fatass here chiming in.

It definately can affect peoples opinions on your ability to do the job. Right or wrong, discrimination happens everyday. Whether its against a female, a black person, a gay person, or yes, an obese person. I've seen it all my life (I'm only 26), unfair treatment towards heavy people right from elementary school, high school, college and work environments. It's a serious problem. From grading in school, discipline (school and work), promotions, pay, treatment on the job...it goes on every day!! (yes, you hit a sore subject here).

As for our mowing clients, it's like any other place, some will discriminate, but most will not. It's those few that do that really ticks me off.