PDA

View Full Version : Classified Ads?

4curbappeal
03-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I am going to run an add in our local papers classifieds. Anyone have any tips that have worked for you regarding the classifieds? I am running my ad in the business directory section 3 mos. for $106.00 per month. 3 lines and I'm guessing 12 char. per line. I need to keep it short and sweet, but want something that will attract some business. A friend that is in the biz said he picked up 19 new accounts last spring. Thanks!

grandview (2006)
03-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Seeing that you have been in business almost a 100 years you should have name recognition!:confused:

Do you have a website put it in.
Advertise for what your looking for.

1MajorTom
03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
How exactly do they organize the ads in your newspaper? Are they placed alphabetically, or are they placed on a first come first serve basis meaning whoever puts their ad in first gets at the top of the lawn service section?
You want your ad to be up there relatively to the top. So if it's on a first come first serve basis, don't wait too long to get your ad in there.
What are the services you will be providing?
12 characters per line is not much, are you sure? That won't leave you much to work with AT ALL. Our newspaper is 28 characters per line. Before you can write an effective ad, find out for sure how many characters you are allowed.

salandscape
03-07-2007, 08:04 AM
I have run numerous classified ads in my local paper. I got a call once.

TSG
03-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Put your buisness card in there.
My local classified charges me 99.00 for 3 months.
If I get 1 customer out of it,,,it pays for advertisisibg for several years.
Remember it usually takes locals 3 to 4 times to remember a LOGO
Alan