PDA

View Full Version : Extending oil drains

Lynden-Jeff
03-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey,

On both my 15 and 19 hp kawi bobcats the oil drain is in a terrible spot and it seems to run all over everything when I change the oil. How do I go about adding a short extender and elbow on to it? What parts/threads do I need and where would I find these parts?

Cheers
Jeff

gene gls
03-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey,

On both my 15 and 19 hp kawi bobcats the oil drain is in a terrible spot and it seems to run all over everything when I change the oil. How do I go about adding a short extender and elbow on to it? What parts/threads do I need and where would I find these parts?

Cheers
Jeff

Check with your dealer, they may stock them, mine does.

Restrorob
03-06-2007, 11:10 PM
You can get the metric adapters from any Kohler dealer, I'm pretty sure you need the 12 MM but measure your drain plug to make sure.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/KohlerOilDrainAdapters.jpg?t=1173240297

pugs
03-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Kawasaki makes a part that adapts their oil drain threads to standard pipe threads. Then you can run whatever you want from there...pipe, hose...

I think this is the Part#...

59071-7004

You will also need a o-ring to go with it...Part#

670D2016

Bobcat uses these on the walkbehind mowers...I am surprised you dont have them on the mowers you have already. Alot better than the silly Kawasaki Plastic drain tubes and plugs. The adapter is made of brass or something...not sure what. I forget what size pipe thread it converts to but then you can make whatever you want out of hardware store stuff.

Lynden-Jeff
03-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey,

Right now on one I belive there is a brass elbow and the other is jusr a plastic plug on the side of the block. Both come out not quite at a hole in the frame so the oil ends up going everywhere.

Cheers
Jeff

TurfConcepts,Inc
03-10-2007, 10:07 AM
I got the same problem. What a design flaw. I use a piece of hose over the drain spout but it still doesn't work great. Let me know what you come up with.