PDA

View Full Version : I will be needing a Vehicle soon and??

VO Landscape Design
03-07-2007, 06:05 PM
My Jeep 6 cylinder isn't going to cut it this coming year for what I want to do. I need some advice on a Truck or other SUV that will do what I want which is..
I will need to pull a 8'x12' or so trailer loaded with plants/aerator/tiller or other misc. planting items. I will not be mowing just landscaping with the occasional renovation/cleanup. For reasons I won't mention a Ford product is out(long long story). I would need the ability to carry passengers also, not a real long ways, just around town. If the trailer isn't needed aka small job the ability to carry stuff in the back would be nice (pickup w/topper). I have never owned a pickup, so not very learned on them, just SUV's so there would be some getting used to it. A really good sound system. 4 wheel drive. Any advice guys/gals. I really hate to get rid of the Jeep but with just starting out 1 vehicle is all I will be able to afford until I get rich:cool2:
If there is anything else you think I might need please tell.
Thanks all
VO

ccash
03-07-2007, 06:12 PM
3/4 ton pickup would be best i think.

razor1
03-07-2007, 06:14 PM
What's your price range?

thebobcatkid86
03-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Alot depends on what what you're willing to spend and even more depends on how big you plan on getting and how soon. I would say go for and F250 (3/4 ton) if you can afford it and the mileage/maintinance. If you dont plan on getting much bigger real soon, and thats all you plan to tow/haul, you're probably OK with an F150, even with a V-6 if you're concerned about fuel costs. But as I said it all depends.

TXNSLighting
03-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Go with a 3/4 ton long bed. that will do good. and fords are perfect trucks for this biz. they take so much abuse and just keep going. but go with what you like.

MsLawnLady
03-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Hey VO - I'm new to the business and am looking at a Jeep Cherokee to pull an 8x12 trailer with just the basics - Scag Tiger Cub, backpack blower, etc.
What kind of problems did you have? Anyone else??? THANkS

VO Landscape Design
03-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Hey VO - I'm new to the business and am looking at a Jeep Cherokee to pull an 8x12 trailer with just the basics - Scag Tiger Cub, backpack blower, etc.
What kind of problems did you have? Anyone else??? THANkS

Love my Jeep but I don't think it will hold up to the challenge.
Price is a small concern but if I find the right truck I can work something out.
thebobcatkid86- I hope to grow some but for the immediate future (next 3-5 years) is what I am looking at.
Will check into some 3/4 tons. Full size bed is a must for the 8' length.
In my area of the state it can be difficult sometimes to find what I am looking for. Took 8 months to pin down the right Jeep.
Is 4x4 good for hauling or just good to have in case of getting stuck? I really like the availability of it on my Jeep.
Thanks
VO