PDA

View Full Version : QB question

Lynden-Jeff
03-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey,

Just got quick books, which I'm liking quite a bit but I have a question. I'm trying to make an invoice or an estimate, the only way Ive found to make a service for X.XX dollars is to make an entirely new service and then add that to the invoice/estimate. Is there anyway I can make a generic service and then add the price on the invoice, if that makes any sense? Just wondered how you guys did it, or made a different service for each customer.

Cheers
Jeff

terrapro
03-07-2007, 07:38 PM
you didnt mention which QB you have but im assuming they are all similar. i think i understand what you are asking.....

you have to make a new item which there will be an icon towards the top of the screen for your list of items. when you create the new item it should ask for the price and type. then on the invoice you can select which item from a drop down list that will automatically be the price that you set it at. also you can change the price if for some reason you need to.

Lynden-Jeff
03-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi,

I have QB pro. Say I make an item for 0.00 dollars, it doesn't let me change it on the estimant manually, it wants me to make individual items for each price. So I take it there is really no way around this?

Cheers

Lynden-Jeff
03-07-2007, 09:04 PM
I am ******ed. Now I can seem to click on it and edit the price.

Cheers!

Jeff

terrapro
03-07-2007, 11:34 PM
i was just going to say " all you have to do is highlight it" then you can change it! lol good l uck on your endevours