PDA

View Full Version : Hour meter install, Turf Tracer

Snyderserv5060
03-07-2007, 10:02 PM
** now before someone says its as simple as screwing it on and wrapping the wire around the spark plug wire, I know that. Im asking a different question**

48" Turf Tracer HP 17HP Kawasaki

The SenDec hour meter which many distributers on this site and all over the net carry says on most places it will work for 1 and 2 cylinder engines... However when checking out through J-Thomas it says in bold red letters that this unit will not work on a 2cyl motor. When I read through the SenDec website it states something about opposed twin cyl motors firing 2 times due to a single coil. (thus not working)

Does my 17kaw (FH500V) fit into this classification? Since my motor is the 13amp version I dont need a non powered unit. Just figured id ask for a proven hour meter that I can install and will work right with my motor. I just dropped a new motor on it so I want to keep on top of all the maintenance and such. Thanks!

Wolfden
03-08-2007, 08:42 AM
does the manufacturer make an hr meter ? I'd go that way , atless you know it would work and no Mickey Mouse . I just put a new motor on my Sears/Craftman garden tractor 25 hp Kolher and looking at meters also .

Good luck
Wolf

Snyderserv5060
03-08-2007, 01:11 PM
The kawasaki motor I have runs 2 seperate coils so I think im fine with a regular hour meter...we shall see.