PDA

View Full Version : Flyers on mailboxes???

stephenslawncare
03-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Have any of you tried putting flyers on mail boxes (hanging them on the little red flags)? I have door hangers that would fit and it does make sense to put them on mailboxes because it would save so much time rather than walking up to each individual door. Have any of you tried this, better results...worse results. Flyers go out this weekend and just want to see if this would work.

ProStreetCamaro
03-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Its against the law to put anything in or on mailboxes according to the couple calls we got from the post office over the years.

Total.Lawn.Care
03-07-2007, 10:54 PM
I have gotten on call from the post office. They told me I cannot touch the box with my flier, but attaching it to the post, or putting it in the paper box is okay.

I still stick mine in the flags. I see it like this, unless they see me put it there, they cannot prove that I did it. I like to flyer in the middle of the night so that in most cases, the flier is removed on the customers way out to work first thing in the morning.

dekalb lawn man
03-08-2007, 12:32 AM
I have gotten on call from the post office. They told me I cannot touch the box with my flier, but attaching it to the post, or putting it in the paper box is okay.

I still stick mine in the flags. I see it like this, unless they see me put it there, they cannot prove that I did it. I like to flyer in the middle of the night so that in most cases, the flier is removed on the customers way out to work first thing in the morning.

Unless you dont put any information on your flyer(company name, phone #, etc.) and that makes no sense to do, I'm pretty sure that the post office can figure out who it is. Even if you say it wasn't you, your info is on it so you get the fine.

THEGOLDPRO
03-08-2007, 12:39 AM
honestly i could care less about the post office, i always put mine either in or on the mailboxes, and have never had a problem. but thats just me.

ATVracer
03-08-2007, 07:23 AM
I guess you could care less if people get into your mailbox and rummage through your mail too?

The only legal place you can put a flyer in a mailbox at are those types that have a buit in newspaper box. You can stick the flyer in that part. Putting them in the newspaper companies box is also tacky as they own the box.

GreenN'Clean
03-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I tried that approach a few years ago putting them on the outside of the mailbox on the flag and never had any luck with them and never had anyone call and complain about it, but I think 99% of the people who get a flyer on the mailbox just tosses it in the trash I know thats what I do. So I stick with ads in the newspaper and direct mail and I have found that this way works the best for me.

Chop Stuff Up
03-08-2007, 10:19 AM
2 years ago I had 200 fliers out and had already received 1 call with a lady complaining telling me to take them off everyones mailboxes on the street or she was gonna call the cops for littering... right before that call I looked in my rearview mirror while putting them out and a lady walked her flier across the street to where a cop lived. No fines or other calls but I figured that was only 200 fliers and all that... I'll stick to doors. I have seen people throw theirs in a bag with a rock and toss them in driveways. I hate that crap in my driveway.

DoetschOutdoor
03-08-2007, 11:41 AM
This year, Im going to do a mix of door hangers and fliers on the flag stick. I dont "rummage" through anyone's mailbox as Im not a lowlife and it only takes half a second to pull up to a mailbox and hang it. In reality, I would like to use all door hangers but I dont have the manpower or time to walk entire neighborhoods and go up to each door. I usually get one call a year from a small township that said they would charge me 5cents for every flier they found. I kinda like the night idea except I dont know what people would think if they saw somone pull up to their mailbox at night...

lawnboy150
03-08-2007, 07:19 PM
i hire a few good neighborhood kids & let them run door to door with the flyers during the week when no one is home....I give them a few bux & lunch & its all good.

A1Lawns
03-09-2007, 06:39 PM
i hire a few good neighborhood kids & let them run door to door with the flyers during the week when no one is home....I give them a few bux & lunch & its all good.

This is the best way to do it if you're doing it yourself.
Agree 100% lawnboy.