PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Book

jbailey52
03-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Does anyone advertise with yellowbook....

This thread isnt about its effectivness or any of that...

its about the company itself. Is it just me or does anyone else have problems recieving invoices on time, then they charge you late fees, not to mention the people are miserable when you call the 800 number... not the mention the $3 a month BILLING CHARGE!!!!

Ok mr. Bailey your ad will be $xxx.xx a month for 12 months.. but they NEVER mentions that that are going to charge me another $36 a year just to SEND ME A BILL!!!

Wow could you imagine if I was able to charge 290 monthly customers a $3 BILLING CHARGE???? Ha wow... and all they say when you bring this up about how I was pissed, not for paying $36 but the fact my salesman never mentioned it...

Can someone spread some light on this? I understand its somewhere buried in the contract but I think its cheap, and shouldnt be allowed

NewWave
03-08-2007, 02:38 AM
I agree. Our bills are late or do not show up at all. The customer service is horrible. When you call someone no one seems to know whats going on even though they are looking at your account. Very worthless customer service. We still havent gotten our bill for this month and I know it is due soon.

topsites
03-08-2007, 02:40 AM
I don't like it when I don't have the option to automate the withdrawal from my account anymore, even thou I may chose to make the individual payments, I also find automated payments are by far the best thing, especially when considering the time saved every month and the peace of mind from not facing the odd possibility of missing it by even a day.

But no, I didn't have any problems in that respect, I stayed on top of it making the payment the day I got the bill, to make sure.
If the bill gets to you late, I would call them that very same day.

jbailey52
03-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Thats the prob.. it sometimes doesnt get here until AFTER the invoice is due.. its just crazy...

but the 'billing charge' is what gets me.. and the "well just pay it not in full" excuse doesnt work for me... I didnt agree to it (althought its hidden somewhere in a contract)

I dont bill my maintenance customers and say "well if you pay the season in full,I wont charge you a billing charge"

The way I see it is, We have about 400 customers, now with yellowbook I AM THEIR CUSTOMER, yet we dont get treated like it... again, I know I wont be using them next year.

F.O.S.
03-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I hope I don't have this problem, I just signed a contract with them last week. I don't remember them telling me anything about a $3 billing charge, that seems ridiculous to me. Just out of curiosity, and if you don't mind me asking, how did the ad work for you? what size was it?

JS Landscaping
03-08-2007, 11:58 AM
I advertized in the Frontier book in my area last year....big mistake. I recieved a few calls from them...mainly just pointless leads that were just for the lowest price...other then that they messed up 2 of my ads, 1, they were suposed to be in color and they were in grayscale, 2, they entered my website in wrong, 3, there were a few spelling errors in the add. Personally I dont think I should pay, and I am currently battling with them to either refund me or Im just not going to pay the bill. If we were to install a walkway or retaining wall wrong we wouldnt get paid. So why should we pay a printing company when they have screwed up on us.....I have a feeling this is going to turn into a legal battle, but I am prepared for it. Personally I will never be advertizing in there again as of right now until The Berry Company, can fix what they have messed up and we can come to an agreement. Not going to let a bigger guy push me around just because im 20 years old. Having the wrong website is the killer, it brings you to a totally differnt company. Fight against them and dont let them try and screw you over.
on another note I did have yellow book harrass me with multiple calls a day to get into thier book, I did meet with one guy who came to my house, who was a complete fruitcake to begin with...He did his presentation on yellow book and was so damn pushy to get me to sign right then and there...to the point where he wouldnt leave. This went on for over an hour...then I got fed up with asking him to leave nicely and let my german shepard back inside as well as got my 12 guage and told him nicley for the last time if he didnt leave i was going to go blow the windows out of his car until he left. The teeth and growling on the german shepard and me with a loaded 12 guage got the point across.....what is wrong with these people, you tell them im gonna think about it and they dont stop and they wont leave. Needless to say I never heard back from him.

jbailey52
03-08-2007, 02:08 PM
FOS, thats the problem... the sales guy says ok your going to pay X a month for 12 months... somewhere in the contract it says about the $3.... so basically he should have said your going to pay X a month plus $3

ACutAbovesiny
03-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Im lookin at my bill right now and dont see any "billing fee" My ad costs me $154.00 a month and thats what I get billed. I do however pay it from my credit card and it gets taken automatically.

ACutAbovesiny
03-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Maybe its because I dont get a paper bill.

Runner
03-08-2007, 03:12 PM
The Yellowbook :laugh: ! This thing goes right straight into the trash the day it hits my porch - and I know alot of other people that feel the same way. the book is nothing but a waste of time, because they only have HALF of the businesses that are in the regular yellow pages. There is nothing more frustrating than to try to look up the number of a business, only to find it's not even LISTED in that book. It is a craps shoot. you never know if they will be or won't be. I equate it to an automotive store that you keep going into, and they tell "Nope,...don't have this part." And later you go in, and they say. "Let me look..Nope,..don't have that part.". Eventually, you quit wasting your time going in there. Same with a gas station that is always out of regular.
Like I say, it goes straight to the trash. I just don't have the time for that nonsense. It is funny, because I've heard so many other people say the same thing. I don't even know how or why they are still in business.

ACutAbovesiny
03-08-2007, 03:22 PM
We were pretty luck then. We picked up 3 commercial snow removal accounts from Yellow Book this year that generated enough money to advertise in it again for years. This was the first year in it and it was printed in Oct so havent really received any Landscaping calls yet.

RICHIE K
03-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Waste of money

lawnboy150
03-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I advertized in the Frontier book in my area last year....big mistake. I recieved a few calls from them...mainly just pointless leads that were just for the lowest price...other then that they messed up 2 of my ads, 1, they were suposed to be in color and they were in grayscale, 2, they entered my website in wrong, 3, there were a few spelling errors in the add. Personally I dont think I should pay, and I am currently battling with them to either refund me or Im just not going to pay the bill. If we were to install a walkway or retaining wall wrong we wouldnt get paid. So why should we pay a printing company when they have screwed up on us.....I have a feeling this is going to turn into a legal battle, but I am prepared for it. Personally I will never be advertizing in there again as of right now until The Berry Company, can fix what they have messed up and we can come to an agreement. Not going to let a bigger guy push me around just because im 20 years old. Having the wrong website is the killer, it brings you to a totally differnt company. Fight against them and dont let them try and screw you over.
on another note I did have yellow book harrass me with multiple calls a day to get into thier book, I did meet with one guy who came to my house, who was a complete fruitcake to begin with...He did his presentation on yellow book and was so damn pushy to get me to sign right then and there...to the point where he wouldnt leave. This went on for over an hour...then I got fed up with asking him to leave nicely and let my german shepard back inside as well as got my 12 guage and told him nicley for the last time if he didnt leave i was going to go blow the windows out of his car until he left. The teeth and growling on the german shepard and me with a loaded 12 guage got the point across.....what is wrong with these people, you tell them im gonna think about it and they dont stop and they wont leave. Needless to say I never heard back from him.

JS..... get me your info(if you like) & i will have my girlfriend rectify EVERYTHING for you...she is a frontier sales rep for orange county NY.

Critical Care
03-09-2007, 01:00 PM
I’ve never had respect for companies that purposely try to deceive me into paying for something. When a company like Yellowbook sends out written material to me that takes on the appearance of a bill which needs to be paid, that’s pure deception. Legally, companies can probably get by with this as long as they include the fine print. But their intention is trickery. They’re not out there selling their product and services; they’re out there fishing for people to fall for their scams.

I just got through with a battle with another company, Global Yellow Pages, where I had to file a complaint with them through the Better Business Bureau. A telemarketer, with broken English, offered a free complimentary listing. I told the idiots I wasn’t interested, but after a couple months I suddenly noticed that they had been tacking on a third party charge onto my phone bill. And with a touch of irony, when I looked up my business on their database it wasn’t even listed! They were charging me for nothing. Emails I sent were received, but were never responded to. They wouldn’t answer phone calls, and the few times I was able to talk to someone I always got some song and dance routine.

So… just be careful guys, because there are a lot of companies out there who will take you for a ride that in time you’ll regret.