PDA

View Full Version : Rip it out and start all over....

PurpHaze
03-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Same HS, following same original contractor that put the valves on MAs and of course they were leaking creating a big muddy mess. One valve was set so high that the flow control stem broke through the valve box lid.

Oh... 8" main, reduced to 2-1/2", reduced to 2" through the valves, increased to 3" main lateral. :dizzy:

We decided to install an isolation valve on this "pod" of valves for future use instead of having to turn off four RW valves and shut down half the athletic fields. Couldn't get a 2-1/2" ball valve from either of our suppliers so just installed a 3" one with reducers.

bobw
03-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Nice clean up. I really envy you having the budget and time constraints to sit back and actually do proper work. I sure hope that whatever school board you work for appreciates your ability.

PurpHaze
03-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I'd be surprised if they even know I exist. :)

Wet_Boots
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
You need a press agent

PurpHaze
03-08-2007, 09:03 PM
It still wouldn't do any good.

gusbuster
03-08-2007, 10:42 PM
It still wouldn't do any good.

The problem here is you're training your partner too well, so the board will never know.:)

PurpHaze
03-09-2007, 07:59 AM
He doesn't have the design and CAD skills that I have and there's no way to teach him in such a short time. They rely on my CAD drawings for a lot of things besides irrigation projects so guess they'll be SOL when I leave. :)

Flow Control
03-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Nice clean up. I really envy you having the budget and time constraints to sit back and actually do proper work. I sure hope that whatever school board you work for appreciates your ability.

I agree

Purp have you ever worked for a Irrigaion Company before or just the school district

PurpHaze
03-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Purp have you ever worked for a Irrigaion Company before or just the school district

Other than a few extra jobs I've never worked for a private irrigation contractor. Prior to moving back to CA I lived in Oregon and worked for the state parks system. We did a lot of different things in addition to irrigation. :)

Flow Control
03-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Good for you, it is different prospective on this side of the fence. Hopefully you will never have to. Keep up the good work.