PDA

View Full Version : Paying a Finders Fee ? ....Suggestions

PhillyShells
03-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Does anyone give a finders fee to others that bring in customers ? Example - I gave a local century 21 realty agent a stack of cards and she said if someone closing on a home was looking for a lawn service she would refer me ) I was thinking $25 to $50 ..... suggestions ? Comments ?

Markf
03-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Any client of ours that makes a referral, whether it is lawn maintenance or plowing, gets a cut or plow for free only if the referral signs up for a yearly service. No one time cuts.

The real estate agent, have her as a steady paying customer and for every client she refers and signs up with you, give her a free cut. This way it is cheaper and you have a steady client.
Mark

F&SLawnCo
03-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I also cut one time free for any of my existing customers that refer a customer to me (seasonal contracts only, no one time mows). As for the real estate agents, they have referred us a ton of business so I treat them well. I have one agent in particular that we mow her yard for free every year. In the last 3 years she has referred me 22 full time accounts.

LushGreenLawn
03-08-2007, 04:13 PM
If the agent is a regular client, I would do a free cut, but if not, some type of finders fee. I know a guy that lives in an apartment, real outgoing and happens to know a lot of people, get me a few accounts last year. I bought him a gift card for red lobster for each client he gave me, even though he didn't ask for it.

PhillyShells
03-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I should have mentioned that she is not a customer. What I was looking for is if anyone had ever paid out a fee before what's a fair amount ?
I was thinking 25 or 50 ????