PDA

View Full Version : Mini Z 19/42 question

Kraw
03-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Man, this forum is great! I've learned a ton in the few days I've been researching.

Anyways, I've looked at numerous mowers, JD X300 series, Toro's etc etc, but I found a great deal on a Mini Z with the Kawi KAI and 42" deck. Perfect size for what I need. I have 1.7 acre lot 1/3 sod bermuda, 1/3 wild grass and junk, reset trees. I have one hill you can see in this pic:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a348/ggaskin/House/Rudders/rudders107.jpg

this is the only "hill" I have. Hey, it's a hill to me. I'm from South La! Would that be too much of a slope for a ZTR to cut? The local dealer said the Hustlers are better for slopes due to their low CG.

Anyways, it'll be strictly res, maybe a small dump trailer to pull behind, but no other attachments. But, I have a 13' utility trailer I use to haul my ATV's around. Would it be too much for at ZTR to pull up that hill in the pic? Not a bunch, maybe a few times a year. The trailer is about 650lbs, maybe 700 at the most. The dealer said the Mini Z could easily pull 800lbs and up an incline.

I guess my question is, will this mower be more then I need? Obviously it's built for commercial use and I won't be doing that. I like ZTR's, I like a 42" deck (only 2 blades), I like the hydraulic system on it, I like the price, even though I wasn't planning on spending more then 3500 on a mower. I think my wife will like the ZTR, she likes to drive her dads big Kubota Diesel :D

I was thinking I could use it and in a few years if we moved, I could easily sell it. I assume they hold their resale value well?

mowerconsultant
03-09-2007, 02:17 PM
I don't see a problem with the Mini 42" on your property, I certainly would not be pulling that trailer with ATV's on it though, it just isn't made for something that heavy, empty maybe, it is just hard to judge unless your there in person.
As far as resale goes, its a commercial unit, as long as you keep it clean it will hold a good value for many years.

Pj

msc5195
03-09-2007, 09:43 PM
I don't see a problem with the Mini 42" on your property, I certainly would not be pulling that trailer with ATV's on it though, it just isn't made for something that heavy, empty maybe, it is just hard to judge unless your there in person.
As far as resale goes, its a commercial unit, as long as you keep it clean it will hold a good value for many years.

Pj

I think that he means pulling the trailer he uses to haul the ATVs not actually haul the ATVs.:confused: Make any since? I may be wrong but thats the way I read it.

Kraw
03-11-2007, 12:53 PM
no, you are correct. I just didn't want to drive the truck into the back yard to get the trailer all the time :) It would be empty