PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean-up For Free

Piscitelli Landscape
03-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Ok so I was doing flyers like every year and I took a peek at one of the flyers in the mailbox already ( I looked I didnt take it out, I am fair) but the guy was advertising a free spring clean-up with a signed contract for Lawn Care. Is he NUTS! thats is where I make my money in the spring not on grass. What is this industry coming to. One of my cusomers gets charged 145 a month for grass and 300 a month for bed maintanence because his house is all beds. This guy would get burned on a account like this. What is he thinking.

haybaler
03-09-2007, 06:03 PM
are you saying you go around and put flyers in peoples mailboxes? that's a federal offence. Free cleanups is a good way to get customers, and I'm sure it's just for the first season.

daveintoledo
03-09-2007, 06:05 PM
free equals failure..... your work is not worth anything any more....

haybaler
03-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Don't look at it as free work. you can easely drop 3 grand in advertising and only get a couple customers. you could do 20 "free" spring clean-ups and get 20 good customers. think outside the box

Lynden-Jeff
03-09-2007, 06:10 PM
are you saying you go around and put flyers in peoples mailboxes? that's a federal offence. Free cleanups is a good way to get customers, and I'm sure it's just for the first season.

Every time I read that I start laughing. I can't belive its a federal offence to put flyers in some ones mail box. In Canada if we have a sign that says no flyers, people obey it, we don't need a law against it!

Anyways I agree, if done right a free cleanup could get the signature on the contract, but I would NEVER do it without that.

Cheers
Jeff

daveintoledo
03-09-2007, 06:14 PM
30 customers at 200 per cleanup....6000 of free labor... do you know how much advertising that would buy.....thats outside the box alright, its outside the poor house....

haybaler
03-09-2007, 06:19 PM
30 customers at 200 per cleanup....6000 of free labor... do you know how much advertising that would buy.....thats outside the box alright, its outside the poor house....

I was thinking 20 @ $150. hey, whatever works. I really don't care, Let them hang themselves if they want. I just go out and do a good job and get all my business through word of mouth.

mezammit
03-09-2007, 06:59 PM
What does your guys spring clean ups consist of as far as the services that you provide.

Thanks, MIKE