PDA

View Full Version : Hustler, Scag, or Exmark...Which to choose?

mytoofhurts
03-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I just bought 3 acres of pasture I'm building a house on...I want a ZTR mower to make ease of my future mowing duties. I've heard great things about all 3 brands of ZTR's but what is the deciding factor? I want a mower that will last me a very, very long time and is maintenance free. I don't want to be hauling the mower to the shop every couple weeks. Let me know what some of you commercial guys think about my purchase choices...Thanks!

mowerconsultant
03-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Hustler all the way!!!
Demo, demo and demo and you will see why Hustler is among the hottest selling mowers out there, smooth drive, heavy duty everything, plenty of options as far as engines and decks and drive systems.
I am sure many will chime in here and tell you plenty more.

Pj

DAR57
03-11-2007, 09:14 AM
You will not be unhappy with the Hustler. I would personally make sure it is a Kohler engine though for Your choice. The best example I can give was something my dealer said the other day(while I was checking out my JUST ARRIVED Super Z 30 Kohler w/60" XR-7). He took over the distributorship several years ago-just planning on service and parts on a lot of Shortcuts/Hustlers that were sold by the previous dist. to the city and the BIG lawn care guy here. He has never done more than $300 in 90 days for the city's Hustlers in all the years he has had the Hustler Dist.

mytoofhurts
03-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Kohler over Kawosaki?? I've heard pretty good reviews about the Kaw., don't know much about the Kohler engine

ed2150
03-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Hustler mowers are as good as or better than anything out there, you can't go wrong buying one.

Remember, dealer support is everything.......if you've got a good dealer that works well with you then any problems that come up get handled quickly and simply. I would suggest that whatever choice of engine you make that you be sure the dealer is also a warranty service center for the engine; remember, it has a separate warranty from its' manufacturer and you don't really want to have to go someplace else to get engine problems worked on.

Metro Lawn
03-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Hustler by far.... I just bought a new 66" Super Z today and I wouldn't go with anything else.

PJ.. if it wasn't for your help with the Kawasaki issues I might have went back to Exmark, even though it was never fixed. I respect you taking the time to work on it on my behalf and want you to know you have a customer for life. Thanks again

mowerconsultant
03-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Hustler by far.... I just bought a new 66" Super Z today and I wouldn't go with anything else.

PJ.. if it wasn't for your help with the Kawasaki issues I might have went back to Exmark, even though it was never fixed. I respect you taking the time to work on it on my behalf and want you to know you have a customer for life. Thanks again

Thats great to hear, and we are glad your a Hustler customer.
Did you get it from Mike?
I always do my best to help where I can, thats what I am here for.
I was looking for you at the MGIA show last week....

Pj

Metro Lawn
03-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Thats great to hear, and we are glad your a Hustler customer.
Did you get it from Mike?
I always do my best to help where I can, thats what I am here for.
I was looking for you at the MGIA show last week....

Pj

PJ, Yes, I got it from Mike. I was gonna come out to the show on Wed., but it snowed and some of us guys actually do snow too...lol I ended up working until about 1 PM and was too tired to go out there for an hour or so before they closed.

mowerconsultant
03-14-2007, 10:30 PM
PJ, Yes, I got it from Mike. I was gonna come out to the show on Wed., but it snowed and some of us guys actually do snow too...lol I ended up working until about 1 PM and was too tired to go out there for an hour or so before they closed.

I know, the show was pretty slow on Wednesday.

4curbappeal
03-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Kohler over Kawosaki?? I've heard pretty good reviews about the Kaw., don't know much about the Kohler engine

I love the Kawi's!!!!